Just watched "Fire In Babylon" and it did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched "Fire In Babylon" and it did

not disapoint. There is great footage of WI cricket at its zenith, some of which I had never seen before.

General Comments:

I didn't like Croft having so much to say, but I have never liked him much. One minute he is talking about WI cricket and black power, Caribbean nationalism and so on, and then later on he is still defending his going to SA saying thats his livelihood. He was equating Packer cricket with going to SA, suggesting it was the same thing, which it obviously was not.

I have even greater respect for Viv and I didn't think that was possible.

Holding was his usual self, straight talking and on point. Greenidge was also quite interesting, giving his perspective on growing up in England as a Caribbean person in the 60s and what playing for the WI meant for him.

Bunny Wailer was amusing and I enjoyed the comments from Test cricket groundsmen who saw it all. Typical Caribbean characters, full of life and expression.

All in all quite enjoyable.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

wheh di ?!

All this time I tink it was a 9-11 documentary !

mi haffi check it out..

Comment

lol
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

good one yu eediat yu! LOL
        Peter R

Comment

Where did you see it? I haven't seen it and would like to.

Thanks for the perspective.
          Peter R

Comment

Rented it in downloadable form on iTunes. Cost $6.99

I thought I had heard it wii be on Netflix streaming service at some point but no word yet on when that will happen.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I will watch it soon boss.

Comment

Amazon is selling the blu-ray for $30+. If the price drops to $25 including shipping & handling I will get it.
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

thanks.
                  Peter R

Comment

no dvd format? (for us dinosaurs)
                    Peter R

Comment

I only saw it on blu-ray on Amazon, on ebay it is on sale from the UK on DVD but only on the PAL (UK Standard) format for about $24 US equivalent.
                      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                      X