Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring Back The Pnp!!!!!!

PNP better with economy, say 49 per cent of Jamaicans

The latest Gleaner-commissioned poll has shown that most Jamaicans think the former People’s National Party administration did a better job handling the economy than the current Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Government.
    The Bill Johnson Poll showed that despite the successes of Finance Minister, Audley Shaw, 49 per cent of Jamaicans surveyed believe the PNP did better in handling the economy.
    This is in comparison to 31 per cent who favour the way the JLP Government has been managing the economy.
    The remaining 20 per cent said they don’t know which government is better.
    And while the JLP had boasted in the lead up to the 2007 election that it would create more jobs for Jamaicans, the vast majority of citizens seem not to be impressed with the Government’s efforts in this area.
    Of the persons sampled, 21 per cent said the Government was doing better in creating jobs than the last PNP administration.
    However, 53 per cent said the last administration did a better job, while 26 per cent of the population said they don’t know which party is better.
    Johnson and his researchers found that 40 per cent of Jamaicans regard unemployment as the most pressing problem facing the country at this time.
    This is the highest number of persons who have expressed concern about the lack of jobs since August 2007, on the eve of the last general elections.
    The survey, which has a margin of error of plus or minus four per cent, was conducted on May 28 and 29 and June 4 and 5 among 1,008 Jamaicans.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

leggo IMF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not bad after the Mother of all Recessions... !

Hard to impress when people cannot tell the difference between a high interest credit card and an income...

Don't look good for PNP for 2012...

Comment

and hold on tuh ?

After partying is the hangover. the sooner unnuh develop a maturity to unnastan dem fundamentals.. the better..

Cyaan live caylis unnuh entire life...

Comment

Bettah job dem crazy or wah; mi wouldah like fi know ah which sector/cross section ah people dem use inna dis yah poll. Kah dis soun like people weh nuh care or know nutten bout economics. Bettah job handling di economy, no man sumpn jus nuh right yah suh at all.

Comment

Mek me paraphrase Lazie for you:

"Democracy without Education is f***ry"

or something like dat.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              Mek me paraphrase Lazie for you:

"Democracy without Education is f***ry"

or something like dat.
              .... Islandman ... Lazie don't use such language. The word is useless .... although I must admit that word you use is more ideal.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

what I want the tribalist them to do is highlight the areas of the economy that was better under the PNP.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

which part yuh live?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

gwaan suck up the propaganda.

unnu back in di wildahness next year. is a pramis dat!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wouldn't expect any better. As much as Omar use to sell out the Country's future, the global economy was on fire when the PNP was in power, so there was huge one time drop in activity and cash from family abroad. People's understanding of these issues is the next thing. You have to go no further than Mosiah's posts on the economy...and he knows more than the average voter.

Comment

it nuh matter. I care not who win but remember mi tell you this, the current PNP have NO ECONOMIC PLAN.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

yes you care who win! how yuh so brucegoldious?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                            Wouldn't expect any better. As much as Omar use to sell out the Country's future, the global economy was on fire when the PNP was in power, so there was huge one time drop in activity and cash from family abroad. People's understanding of these issues is the next thing. You have to go no further than Mosiah's posts on the economy...and he knows more than the average voter.
                            Really? Yuh certain bout that?

Comment

me, When last have I posted something positive about Bruce? What I care about is the economy and growth. I care not for MOST politicians.

Comment

Working...
                              X