With the renewed discussions on the WI rebels who toured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the renewed discussions on the WI rebels who toured

SA and thier place in cricket history, I thought this article was worth sharing. Its about Arthur Ashe as his views on sports as a weapon in the fight against apartheid evolved.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...he/sport1.html
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

the only thing is i am trying to find errol lee and the bare essentials song entitled "rebel tour" ... some of the lyrics

"back a yaad some a cuss dem.. back a yaad some praise dem "

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I totally forgot about that song. haven't heard it in decades.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

it hard fi find!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

dem mussi did ban it tuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Great post!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

ditto!
              ...by the way if and when you pass my way you must see my scapbook on the that 1983 tour happens.

...I shall put it out shortly.

When Mosiah passed through I mentioned it and if I remember he was not
              too interested. I think he was too young in 1983 to really 'take it in' /understand what the then fuss was all about
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_rebel_tours
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cric...th-africa.html
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

Never knew there was re-look with a thought of granting first-class status to those matches.

Thanks for the post.

Comment

Working...
                    X