Historian H.L and TD....I got something for you that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historian H.L and TD....I got something for you that

will blow your Jazz /SKA mind....when I get home !....You will give SKA ITS DUE .......OUTTTA ARGENTINIA !
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Must admire your vim for the SKA genre X. Fa real!

While you are downloding the info on SKA from Argentina...Check out Eugene Grey's web site....

This is Eugene playing SKA (among other genre) in Argentina.
    Eugene in
    Argentina 2008
    Eugene @ La Trastienda 2008
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

O.K done in SKA !...TAKE 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0RIRrv-xME

ITS HUGE IN ARGENTINIA !Very GOOD BAND ! Historian you asked a silly question why Ska had a short shelf life in Jamaica , Ska lasted the average as all the other genres in Jamaica.

Ska reached its peak in the 60s it was there in the 50s and probably 40s , thats a least a 10 year limit ,as documented in my previous article , the locals played what they thought was JAZZ taken from our own cultural music a natural phenom, before it faded away in (Jamaica).Rocksteady lasted how long , roots reggae as we know it in the 70s lasted how long a decade ? DUB how long ? the only genre that has lasted a long time is the computerised form of reggae called dancehall.As for instruements of playing reggae or SKA , its a dying legacy in Jamaica and a dead one in the latter.

The mass production of conscious reggae and SKA is found in europe, latin america, america and the far east .Even African & American pump out better and more than Jamaica in terms of conscious instruemental reggae..

So to sum it up SKA isnt dead only in Jamaica, its popularity exist amongst the youth in the above regions mentioned and thats the audience thats keeps it alive and growing because as you know they will hand it down to generations who wont treat it like Jamaica did, and they have been handing it down as proven by the number of SKA and DUB records that gets produced every year, There is a market for it and its not Jamaica or JAMAICANS !

To say that SKA hasnt grown as a music is totally disingenious , when you have 1st , 2nd and 3rd wave of SKA, and now back to its foundation when bands produce their own form of the purist form of instruemental SKA from argentinia, california, germany NY to england and I am talking the ((purist ))form not the watered down punk rock form.

It says alot when Delano mysalis travels to Jamaica to study D. Drummond work and it says alot that the skatallites only rerecorded a third of their songs when they reunited as a band in the late 80s to 90s.I would have love for them to do over nimble foot ska or beards man ska .The modern recording studious gave them justice when you hear the remake of confucious , police woman , james bond ,guns of navarone etc. I would encourage you to really listen to the range and tone that these masters accomplished on the re recording.

The take 5 skit by dancing mood proves its on par with JAZZ and it will continue to prove and challenge it , whenever they meet.

SKA IS THE MARCUS GARVERY OF JAZZ , INFECTIOUS ,MILITANT AND GROWING.

INFLUENCE MI SAY ! ENJOY !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0RIRrv-xME
      Last edited by Sir X; June 22, 2011, 07:38 PM.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Eugene's site is link to www.lucea-online.com

Comment

Champion mi deh tell you, I finally get to see a big Arkestra paly Ska.

I done bust it pon mi Facebook Hiyah.

How about a Ska Show for Mo Bay, with a selection of bands from all over the world?

Comment

Suggested to the clowns at the Jamaica Jazz festival to quote them there is no market for it only for JAZZ.

LOL......idiots I tell you....dem nuh hear say a di spanish man dem a build di hotels ?

Comment

The locals would fling bockle at any Ska band in Jamaica.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I agree get them from europe , argentinia, or Japan let them teach them 1st how to play it , bring back the instruements ...lol ..its a win win japanese yen , euro dollars and latiin dollars.....tourist money yuh think !

But Jazz is embraced as Paz XCELLENCE....lol
                Last edited by Sir X; June 23, 2011, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Opps another one ..FREE TOWN SKA BAND !....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VyXp...eature=related

Supposed to be JAZZ!...lol

Comment

Working...
                  X