Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Liad's Vacation has PNP Worked Up about Busy Contractor

Probe payment for PM’s vacation – PNP

The Opposition People’s National Party (PNP) is calling for an official investigation by the Contractor General, the Auditor General, the Parliamentary Integrity Commission and the Ethics Committee of Parliament into the financial relationship involving Prime Minister Bruce Golding, Mike Henry, the Minister of Transport and Works other Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) officials and building contractor, YP Seaton and Associates.

The call by the PNP comes against the background of what the Opposition said it views as the inappropriate and highly irregular reported payment by YP Seaton and Associates for the plane tickets for the Prime Minister and his son Stephen, who are said to be on a bird shooting vacation in Paraguay in South America.

"The whole affair is even more questionable against the background of information that YP Seaton, a major shareholder in the construction firm, which has reportedly received more than $2 billion in government contracts since 2007, has also accompanied the Prime Minister on the trip," the PNP said in a statement Tuesday afternoon sent by Peter Bunting, General Secretary.

"YP Seaton and Associates is a major subcontractor on the more than J$36 billion (US$400 million) Jamaica Development Infrastructure Programme, JDIP, which the Prime Minister only recently conceded does not meet the bar of accountability and transparency. The contractor also recently figured in a deal which has been questioned by the Public Accountability and Appropriations Committee, PAAC, of Parliament. Under that deal, a contract valued at $183 million was awarded by public tender to YP Seaton and Associates for the rehabilitation of roads in Newport West in Kingston, but was later placed under the JDIP programme and the contractor paid a total of $311 million to carry out the work," Mr. Buntimg’s statement continued.

According to the PNP, the construction firm was also the major subcontractor on the Falmouth Pier in Trelawny and the Palisadoes Road in Kingston, none of which was procured on the basis of competitive tender.

"The timing of the Prime Minister’s vacation has also been called into question by the PNP. The vacation began on June 15 the day immediately following the tabling in Parliament of the Report of Manatt/Coke Commission of Enquiry, which concluded that the Prime Minister’s conduct in the nine-month delay of the extradition of alleged drug and gun smuggler, Christopher ‘Dudus’ Coke and the hiring of the firm Manatt, Phelps and Phillips to lobby the United States Government on the matter, was inappropriate," the statement said.

The Opposition added that is concerned that the Prime Minister appears to move quickly and without remorse from one inappropriate action to another.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Yuh nuh hear whey Ben say. Brucie mix up babylon and show them that he is of a superior mind. Now whilst babylon sit confused and stupified, he has Man ah yaad quietly cutting deals with China.

Based on the above a vacation is in order. Brucie is a genius period!

Comment

Wait.. dem nuh like Y.P. again ?

Bwoy.. is ah sad day when PNP start fight Black Man..

Comment

LoL

Election campaign start!

Comment

This one can't be seen as smear campaign ergo mitigating the seriousness of it.For services rendered or will be?
          Another blatant folly by the PM,made worse because it came on the eve of the.

Comment

you notice the difference between mi and unnu? The evidence is there that the PM is wrong and I have nothing to say in his defense. Let that be noted.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The PM is wrong on what? Dudus or overseeing the award $2B to his political supporter in no bid contracts?

If it's Dudus... you say he is wrong in this grave matter of 73+ lives and Jamaica's national security & image imperiled

What does accountability for his wrongdoing demand? That the fellow remain in office?

Maybe his bawling on TV to save the political life he vowed to sacrifice in defence of the criminal (while not acknowledging the full extent of his deceptions) is enuff "accountability" for you... most Jamaicans disagree apparently

You need to take the issue to its logical conclusion.. ie calling for accountability via his resignation... to be taken seriously
              Last edited by Don1; June 22, 2011, 06:32 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

..... lets move to the next thing fi unuh bitch bout.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

not til I make that determination for myself...

but your plea is noted

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                    not til I make that determination for myself...

but your plea is noted
                    .... based on what? A press release from the higher order of the PNP?
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

nope... mi nuh track PNP opinions like yuh track JLP

Accountability for high crimes & misdemeanours ala Nixon..is required...resignation is the cure...

70% of Jamaicans can't be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                        nope... mi nuh track PNP opinions like yuh track JLP

Accountability for high crimes & misdemeanours ala Nixon..is required...resignation is the cure...

70% of Jamaicans can't be wrong
                        Where did I hear such a similiar quote? Oh yeah .... unuh seem to think a suh resignation guh.

Comment

ask me them one at a time. I am not a hater so I can give what I think is my own opinion.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

mi know resignation nuh guh suh....but I am aspirational in thinking... looking for accountability

you however are tribal in thinking... looking for the interest of your preferred clan

Se la vie

Comment

If you choose to answer... feel free to segregate the questions and answer one at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X