RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passpot Issues-Is Jamaica For Real Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is either a citizen or he isn't. My mother's cousin moved to Jamaica from Cuba (her mother, my mother's aunt was Jamaican, father Cuban) some years ago and teaches Spanish at a prep school in Kgn... I wonder if she is having passport issues? I am almost sure she got her citizenship.... to my mind if it were granted, I can't see what the problem would be to get a passport.

I mean if i were to take out TT citizenship, my mother's birth cert. would be irrelevant in establishing my citizenship...so why the run around for the man? especially as he had been previously granted a passport... you said it right MdmeX... "bureaucratic b.s."
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      karl HOW in the name of all that is holy do you come up with these things? i suspect that you have proof of the silly politician at least?
      ...I suspect that you have not read what I wrote!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

is this the NEW fair and sensible karl?!!
        Not new...and always trying to be fair and sensible.
        Boss, I asked if the problems being faced by the gentleman was the work of either

A bureaucrat who is an ass or the gentleman has fallen foul of a silly politician?
        What is not fair about that asking or not sensible on that asking?

As mi seh, yuh mussi neva read wah mi seh!!!!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

oh i read it. those are the only 2 possibilities?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

makes moeny for the Treasury eeeh, ask Maudib, yuh think Driver easy...

Comment

oh i read it. those are the only 2 possibilities?
              Are they 'reasoned' possibilities...posibilities that a reasonable person could ask questions on?

Comment

yuh mek it look like they are the ONLY 2 possibilities. is THAT reasoned?!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The passport issues are real. If you were born outside of Jamaica, and grew up in the island you can no longer claim Jamaican citizenship even if your parents are Jamaican. I have relatives who have been caught up in this bureaucratic nightmare. Some have traveled on Jamaican passports, and when the document expired, they were told that they can not renew the passport, and have to apply for Jamaican citizenship.
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Is a money mekking thing!

Comment

True but you can collect money without waste everybody time.

Ask him fe apply formally for citizenship is one thing, but fe produce father birth certificate from 18-how long?
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Never hear bout civil service sport?

If it easy, where is the fun?

Comment

LOL
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                          X