RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF???? Wednesday, Thursday, Friday?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF???? Wednesday, Thursday, Friday?????

Paul Lewis not guilty

Jamaican born international televangelist, Reverend Dr. Paul Lewis has been found not guilty on all sex-related charges brought against him.

Lewis was freed on the charges of carnal abuse and indecent assault after two hours of deliberation by the jury.

For almost a week, Reverend Lewis was being tried on carnal abuse and indecent assault allegations.

Presiding judge Justice Leighton Pusey had completed his summation on Friday after defence lawyer, Keith Bishop, closed his case.

Several witnesses were called the prosecution.

It is alleged that in June 2009, Lewis who was a guest preacher met a 15-year-old girl at a church convention in Little London, Westmoreland.

The pastor allegedly exchanged telephone numbers with the girl and, in a later meeting, took her and her 14-year-old companion on a trip to Clarendon.

The Crown is alleging that, on their return to Westmoreland, the girls spent the night with the pastor at his Negril hotel where the crimes occurred.

sheena.gayle@gleanerjm.com
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

turns out the girls were brucegoldious!

prayer works!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      turns out the girls were brucegoldious!

prayer works!
      .... or is it because him a pastor ppl quick fi think ....
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Police working in the sex crime unit told me years ago that getting conviction for these types of crimes with a jury with more females than males is at best 20 percent if you are lucky.

Most times these jury of your peers, people not smart enough to avoid jury duty, blame the victim for being there in the first place.

Also never discount US$$$$$$$$$
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

I would imagine it is different when a minor is involved,even though recently an adult male was found not guilty when the teenaged girl stated she initiated the sexual contacts.
          We need to protect the minors from the predator adults(an alarming trend has formed)and themselves.

Comment

Are you sure about the information that the man was found not guilty because the minor initiated the sex?

That does not jibe with what I have seen and I stand corrected as I am not a lawyer but the onus is always on the adult as the law says the child cannot make a decision to have sex.

So even if the child went to the house and took off her clothes, the adult is still the one with the responsibility to stop it.

I recall a case not so long ago when a 14 year old girl got pregnant and on one of the few occasions that the doctors called the police and the man she was living with was arrested and charged, the child maintained in court that he was her man and as soon as he came back from prison she going back to him.
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

That is my understanding too,and the case stuck in my mind for that reason too.I will try to find the article to see if I missed something,it may have been the case was dismissed.

Comment

You see those holier than thou Church members, always proclaim that the Pastor is innocent, even when they know differently.

There is a case in the Bronx, where the Pastor impregnated one of his young congregants, and of course nuff of the church members being hypocritical that he did nothing wrong.

No wonder some of these Pastors keep moving from church to church!
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                X