Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
    why? yuh fraid dem crown yuh? LOL

YES - if Mosiah will ensure my protection, then me will venture down there!
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      put it this way. Canning Callalloo is more energy and labour intensive and they sell for about the same price.

I'll never buy canned callaloo. I see acquaintances buy it, but I notice that the vibrant green color changes when it is canned. And for me, my veggies must have that vibrant color.
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

I have been down there lot of times. pretty safe to me. I actually like going down there. In the middle of the day only pick pocket you have to worry about.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I'll send my Agents
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Damn MdmeX!
            I have not seen or had a custard apple for so long I forgot there was such a fruit!
            Damn!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Speaking about Cherimoya...

http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504784_1....html?tag=page

Comment

Speaking about Cherimoya...

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  Damn MdmeX!
                  I have not seen or had a custard apple for so long I forgot there was such a fruit!
                  Damn!

Karl - I usually get custard apple in the Farmers Market in Georgia. Anyway, I was lucky to get one last Nov. when I was in Morant Bay.

You should be able to plant some in Florida.
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

I grew up with a tree next door, right on the fenceline with half the fruit hanging over,.

Didnt like it!

We had wild bird pepper, tamerind, june plum, seville oranges, acerola cherries, 3 mango trees with 7 kind of mangoes, plus blackie next door, coconut, panagnat (pomegrenade) jumbiline, ackees and breshey, bananas, papaya, honey dew melon and cantelopes, passion fruit and next door there was star apple. Cant say we wer ever short of fruit, though we had not my favourite...eatioti apple (Otahiti). No pineapples either.

At my relatives place in Portmore, they had guavas, sea grapes, soldier plums, tangerines, oranges, coconut to stone dog and many other types of mangos.

Only once ever dd I eat Jamboline, a sweet fleshy purple fruit, of which 1 f 2 reputed trees in the island was in Span Town (near old record office).

Comment

Bet yuh nevah have dis one...

I don't remember ever seeing this in JA... it grows in Trinidad, not prolific but I've seen it around.
                      Peter R

Comment

Never seen it in Jamaica, but we get them at work for lunch all the time. Ramboutan...that is what the Thais call it!

Another lychee like fruit from Asia is the Longhan!

Comment

The Durian - must be the only thing that Anthony on the Travel Channel can't eat
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

STAR APPLE and "damson"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                            X