Dem can tek long fe announce the Sumfest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dem can tek long fe announce the Sumfest

lineup bwoy. Nuh really give people much time fe decide if it worth a quick trip or not.

Hopefuly dem a wrap up negotiations wid a big star or two.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

"A Big Star or Two"

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
    Yep – Beenie Man, Vybz Kartel and maybe Movado and Macka Diamond.

Sorry, Islandman (lol)…. I couldn’t resist that comment .

Comment

lineup bwoy. Nuh really give people much time fe decide if it worth a quick trip or not.

One thing is certain, there'll be no Buju.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well, last year they had Usher and he did a great set.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

And I agree, seems to be with the exception of a name or two it is the same set of people who come every year...I have not been since about 2001 and I am sure I have not missed anything
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Easy Historical one!

Those same names crosed my mind...........
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Well, looks like R. Kelly is the big draw for Sumfest, unless you are a fan of Nicky Manaj or whatever her name is.

I might be forced into going because I have an sistren who has been pleading for us to take her to JA again, and she also happens to be a big R Kelly fan. We will see.

Comment

Well, looks like R. Kelly is the big draw for Sumfest, unless you are a fan of Nicky Manaj or whatever her name is.

I might be forced into going because I have an sistren who has been pleading for us to take her to JA again, and she also happens to be a big R Kelly fan. We will see.

Yeah, heard it on FAME this morning. I like his latest track, "Love Letter", plus he has a catalog of tunes to hold the crowd. Nicky, for whatever reason young people love her.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Niki Minaj will pull in the young set

Having Trinidad-born Nicki Minaj makes a lot of sense, as she is really big right now and will certainly attract teens and young adults to Sumfest’s International Night, the same way that Chris Brown did previously.

Aside from the two or maybe three foreign acts, though, the fare will probably be similar to other years, with the usual names really packing in the house on Dancehall Night.

Anyway, Sumfest is still limping its way along. I’m happily surprised this event has lasted as long as it has done, however. I thought it would have already gone the way of Reggae Sunsplash.

Comment

I went for the first time in many years last year and was surprised to find that it was a much better show production-wise than Sunsplash ever was. Quite easy to get around the venue, short band changes, better parking for example.

In terms of acts, the problem is that reggae/dancehall music no longer produces enough new artistes of high enough quality, so the stars of the show are the one or two hot dancehall stars of the day and the international acts.

Comment

Working...
                    X