Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jawge step fwd man!

Askording to wikileaks,

Yuh beloved America feel seh Portai aggo tun Jamaica inna annoda Haiti without Phillips to constrain her!

This is weird on so many levels. Either America naive, or dem like people dem can manipulate or dem clairvoyant! LoL

Who you aggo defen? Portia or Amerka here?

See why mi seh unity needed? Not even the biggest Portia hater in Jamdung would think seh she aggo mek Jamaica fall down to dem levels deh!

Amerka know how fi play us simple folk.

America Is Not The Problem!

Originally posted by Willi View Post
    Askording to wikileaks,

Yuh beloved America feel seh Portai aggo tun Jamaica inna annoda Haiti without Phillips to constrain her!

Who you aggo defen? Portia or Amerka here?

Amerka know how fi play us simple folk.
    Without making reference to the specific bit of information in this thread-starting post, I must say that the day may very well come when those on this forum who support the Chinese will regret it!!

Where am I coming from with this? Well, personally speaking, I have always, and will always be pro-American. The USA is by no means perfect, but I respect and trust the Americans much, much more than the agenda-filling Chinese any day! In our rush to appear “non-aligned”, some of us in the region like to play with fire, and I’m referring specifically here to the Chinese, but to a lesser extent to Venezuela’s repressive dictator Hugo Chavez as well.

Comment

"America doesn't allies, Aerica has interests" how is this different from the Chinese?

mind you, i respect your right to your opinion and you don't even have to justify it, but no better fish...no better barrel!

e.g. america looked at china's population and though "that is a lot of people, people = consumers" so they rushed into a trade agrement with the Chinese, however this backfired as China flooded America with cheap goods and American goods were too expensive for the Chinese. Do I feel that China took advantage of America, maybe but America was looking to take advantage of China!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

btw does america get oil from venezuela?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Steeeuups.

All Super Powers are the same (agenda filled). Trick is to play dem off against each other and secure our own interests while being "friendly" to all. Sound advive given to me by a Caribophilic Welshman!

Comment

Steeeuups.

All Super Powers are the same (agenda filled). Trick is to play dem off against each other and secure our own interests while being "friendly" to all. Sound advive given to me by a Caribophilic Welshman!
            Caribophilic Welshman?
            A who dat? Westman?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

A welsh genkleman who LOVED the Caribbean from his time as an expat. Loved our culture and thought we had the right blend for work-life balance with a good work ethic.

He lived in several continents and saw much. Currently lives in barcelona.

Comment

Caribophilic Welshman?

Wha dat? a so Vibez Cartel Soap name? LOL
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

No a 3 card man weh like flim show!

Comment

Excellent Points, But....

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    "America doesn't allies, Aerica has interests" how is this different from the Chinese?
                    I agree with you, Gamma. In fact, to further elaborate on your point that America acts only in America’s interest (and former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, to his credit, stated this openly and honestly back in the 1970s), compare the “favored nation” status they advanced to communist China and compare this with their backward treatment of communist Cuba!

I am fully aware of America’s history in this hemisphere and elsewhere, and so I fully agree with your points. However, my distinct preference for the USA over China is based largely on the matter of trust. I do not trust the Chinese or, in general, the Far East and Middle East nations. And I’m not merely referring to cultural disharmony with ours or their questionable attitude to democracy.

Regarding Venezuela, of course America gets oil (maybe as much as one-fifth) from that nation. But, and this is the important factor, tiny nation-states like Jamaica are far more vulnerable to the tactics of ruthless dictators like Chavez! Superpower America does not have to worry about Chavez!

Comment

2 things .. most favoured to China was pure self interest. TRADE. Cuba has nothing they really want and so they will kiss China's AHEM ... because it suits their inetersts .. that cbackfired and now China holds their debt...

so it is "say as I say and not as I do"! what is honourable about that?

yuh sounding xenophobic boss .... is your opinion still.
                      Last edited by Gamma; June 8, 2011, 12:48 PM.

Comment

You can't escape China. I hear a piece on NPR how even Europe their money is spreading.

I don't think the US can punish us to deal with China, as the whole caribbean is on board.

China was signed on yesterday to doing Cuba's oil refinery.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Hear this!!

What has been confirmed to me by many Jakan diplomats.

The Chinese Govt has told them face to face multiple times...They will never forget their friends in places like Jamaica that stood with them all those years during cold war etc (when they were poor and unfashionable), supporting their One CHINA policy.

Dont forget the Ariguanabo Textile Mills...Gift from the PR of China.

Dem seh dem nah get rich and Switch!

Comment

Steeeuups.

My name has Welsh origins but I am NOT...repeat NOT.. from Wales
                            ....nor do I live in Barcelona
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Ah nuh yuh mi a chat bout!

SMH

Comment

Working...
                              X