No announcement yet.

Ja Transportation Infrastructure , Regardless of Government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last I check Pihl and Son was billing the government huge for cost overrun on the last leg of the North Coast Highway. You notice how that is not even mention by the PNP. The fact is what is important is they to get a piece of the pie. What I am concerned about is the accounability because god knows we need some better roads. There are communities where kids have to walk cross major rivers to get to school in Portland and St.Mary as bridge washed away. There are many places where business closed or farmland abondonded because no truck can come to collect stuff like pimento and other crops that people can sell.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Last I check Pihl and Son was billing the government huge for cost overrun on the last leg of the North Coast Highway. You notice how that is not even mention by the PNP. The fact is what is important is they to get a piece of the pie. What I am concerned about is the accounability because god knows we need some better roads. There are communities where kids have to walk cross major rivers to get to school in Portland and St.Mary as bridge washed away. There are many places where business closed or farmland abondonded because no truck can come to collect stuff like pimento and other crops that people can sell.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Comment

If man nevah have chat before September 2007... dem nuh have nuh chat now..

Dem can yap as loud as dem want...

Comment

Assassin, you make excellent points. I will go further. It alsmost seems as though parts of St Mary, Portland and St Thomas are sadly neglected. When I look at the access to and from and through my beloved Highgate, I felt like crying. The poor quality or lack of adequate transportation has resulted in economic stagnation or decline in many parts of Jamaica.
            "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Heh heh!

CEO Wong said last week that the economic value of the US$8M road to the area is estimated at around US$26M. His communications manager has today corrected that number to US$3M.

Some conversion error again?

Don1, boot up di abacus again!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Like I said, I'm not impressed with many of the people involved. However, knowing the area very well, if the project and related growth are managed properly, the economic impact should be huge. Public sector leaders who dont demonstrate adequate competence should be sent packing.

Comment

I remember when highgate was a prize little town, ah bwoy. I read about some towns in St.Mary and it is a shame. Annotto Bay also need a bypass because it is just one road that goes through the town and there is no parking in that town. On a saturday it can take 1 hour to drive one mile in that town.

Comment

But Annotto Bay, last I checked, is not in Shaw's constituency.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

True, and them have worthless Tarn Peralto and before him "mouth" Harry Douglas. Maybe Vaz can come cross the border too. LOL.

Comment

Which passport him fi use fi come cross?

Comment

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

lol
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Spanish AVE!

Comment

LoL

Comical.

This Wong character woulda mek a good PNP.

LoL

Comment

Working...
                                X