RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It nevah work fi Assassin.. mek mi try..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It nevah work fi Assassin.. mek mi try..

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead8.html

<THE EMERGING South American market is being hailed as a sleeping giant that can take the country's tourist industry several notches up, according to new president of the Jamaica Hotel and Tourist Association, Evelyn Smith.

Her comments come in the wake of news that Jamaica's shoulder seasons, September, October and November, are to receive a boost of some 10,000 airline seats with the announcement of three major carriers commencing service into the country's Sangster International Airport from Brazil, Chile and Colombia.

The three countries will complement Ecuador, from where Jamaica currently gets flights.

"For decades, members of our association have made forays into this market to try to attract visitors to their respective properties, but their main concerns have always been inadequate and sustained airlift," Smith told The Gleaner Tuesday morning, during a press conference at the Ministry of Tourism in New Kingston.>

Maybe it nevah mek it through the yapping in the background...

How about this?
    Tourism must be taught in schools.

"We, in the industry, know the potential reach of tourism into the lives of our fellow Jamaicans, so a programme that will bring increased arrivals in our slow season is important," she stated, adding that the fact that the flights are coming from the non-English-speaking market will also offer an opportunity for the country's children who have an aptitude in French and Spanish to put those skills to use."
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Meanwhile...Caribbean Airways have dropped their fare POS-KIN to US132 incl taxes....on Tuesdays and Thursdays...one way...

Comment

tell them fi come to ATL. We need them or Redjet.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Redjet in a mess...cancelled there Ja flights...to my detriment....but did serve to let CA drop their fsres...smthing to be sid sbout the free enterprise system afterall...competition is healthy...

Comment

Always a good theing when we have true FREE enterprise.

Most times its not free though and there s where the problem lies.

Comment

Caribbean AIRLINES... but anyway, if RedJet doesn't take off (so to speak) will those CAL fares remain for long? I get the distinct impression that the T&T govt is delaying as long as possible their approvals for RJ to run them... in the BWEE days (you'll remember) AiR JA began a daily run (almost) to POS from KIN , direct for about $280 US return... BWEE matched and bettered the fares and service...the two airlines wre flying virtually empty planes for about a three month period til Air JA backed out... after that it was return to the "milk run" with fares going back up...

Competition is good, and govt should not try to run out competition... there is talk about who owns RJ and saying that it is majority European owned, no body has problem with any fast food chain or store owned by foreigners setting up shop , but they want to point out RJ's ownership as if there is something wrong with that... if it benefits the Caribbean consumer, of course with the attendant checks and balances, they shouldn't be blocking it. inter-island travel will increase to the mutual benefit of all.. IMO.
              Peter R

Comment

RedJet is copying Ryan Air model and that make them fret because CAL is government owned. Jamaica is in a bind right now, if they had signed off on RedJet, Trini would woulda try and back out and they are holding it up to please CAL. Redjet mi say long time. If CAL do the right research them can make money. Right now in the summer there is no direct flight from Atlanta to Kingston and the price for flight is 400-600 dollars. A lot of people woulda take a CAL flight now and I assume there are other markets like that now in the US.

Comment

Working...
                X