No announcement yet.

One Turd's 2/3 Mile Road = US$9m.... Value for Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is dat sycophant really trying to compare HW2K and the North Coast Highway to Shaw's Christiana Bypass?!?

LOL!

Man fi fool, and then it becomes illegal and immoral!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What you are doing is irresponsibly piling on re a good project. I am not a big fan of the ministers involved but I am quick to point out that the opposition to the project is unfair and is primarily because of political opposition. The party out of power, whether JLP or PNP, often makes the public believe that the governing party is doing unnecessary projects for their personal benefit. That may occur at times but is not always the case. This makes the public skeptical of everything.

In this case it is grossly unfair. This JDIP deal, for all its imperfections, is actually a whole lot fairer than anything the former government did. There is actually a well developed rationale for the projects and their locations.

The civil service leaders that developed these projects are actually PNP appointees.
      "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Come now. I remeber when it could, on a Friday afternoon, take me 1.5 hours to get by Old Harbour. And then suddenly, it took me just a few minutes to get from Twickenham Park to May Pen. The advantages to many sectors of Jamaica and to the economy were staggering. For people getting to points along the southern half of the island, it was very significant.

Comment

Don't lump me with the rest. My first thread on this matter, which I really have not departed from until only recently, was how NWA's Wong compared Shaw's Road with the Bogue Bypass. I thought it convenient that he forgot to mention that Bogue had at least twice as many lanes. I thought that was a little brucegoldious of him.

Why didn't Wong come out from the get-go and say that it was a new road, cut through virgin territory?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That's my point! I have not seen this Christiana bypass but something tells me the importance of this 1 kilometer stretch could not, in its wildest dreams, compare to HW2K!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Man having serious discussion and yuh there watching re-runs of the Manatt Enquiry.

sigh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah, there are many significant towns, such as Christiana that currently need or will need to have something similar and which will be very expensive. I am not saying they cant get the cost down. However, the project, because of the local geography, makes Bogue look quite simple. That whole area is the capital of South Trelawny, South Clarendon and Northern St Elizabeth. Often times, improvements to short segments like this can be leveraged to create untold economic benefits. Folks from Ulster Spring to Mandeville will love this project.

Comment

Yuh head suh tuff yute? Mi tell yuh seh Jamaica proposes the project they want funded.. which would be whatever the foolfool politicians regard as priority.... China says yes or no.
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Yup

when they shut down the Mont Blanc tunnel for 4 years (11km) the economic cost was staggering.

That piece of road costs more than 10 HWY2K combined.

Comment

ok... I can buy that economic justification for the 1000 meters

let's await Brother Christie's audit re cost justification

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

What are the list of projects submitted to the Chinese ?

Comment

lol

Comment

Mannat nuh.. yuh tink is everybady fixated like yuh ?

Dem need to tek a poll fi si who even membah seh a report coming out..

Comment

also they spoke about the money to acquire the land as well. I am no expert and I will wait and see what Mr. Christie have to say.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That is very expensive land by the way over $150 million worth, me have a piece up a country wonder if them want build road through it too..I would move my grandfather's grave for that kind of money
                                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                                Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                                X