RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tdowl the japanese influence ...Ska ..wicked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tdowl the japanese influence ...Ska ..wicked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Cp1...eature=related

Young youth appreciating , our dead and leff, or dash whey and leff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oIHP...eature=related
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Thats the best trombonist I have seen.You could make the case that its popularity in these countries , USA , S.America , N , Europe and Japan is the youth.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Samples http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/1-japanese-ska-skamikaze-movie-vol-1-10-bands/4a2cea350c2c532ce61c4a2cea350c2c532ce61c-924163638352?cpkey=1cc05917a94915fa726a1cc05917a94 915fa726a-874522411025|japanese%20ska%20bands||&q=japanese%2 0ska%20bands

Comment

This is clean, you will love it - http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...nds&FORM=VIRE5

Comment

How long yuh ave dat a hide...yuh wicked sah.....thanks

Comment

Damm amazing,funny thing is when i contacted the idiots from the jamaica blues jazz festival and ask them can they make it a ska /jazz festival dem say dem nuh ave no market fi dat .....?

Fools i tell you.They probably still under the illusion jazz a carry the swing , poor youth know not better.

Comment

There is one that I can't find, where the cat is blowing that big bass horn, it soon come to mind.

I have a list of Ska era singers and another list with musicians too, I will pass on later.

The first time I came across Mexicans playing knock me socks off, I just did not believe the music went that far, it's a long time that I have been researching Jamaica music, do you know that in D. Republic there are Jamaicans there that play John Canoe?

There is a music that came before Mento that I am trying to track down.

Comment

I met a dominican that told me that DR had a decent population of Jamaicans that worked cutting sugar cane and he related to our mento as old people music(didnt believe him though).C.R and Panama has mento/spangjican(spanish/jamaican) folk songs heavy on the bass Like holding said we dont know our history.I started getting into ska 10 years ago and I did my research and found that its youth orientated in central and latin america and Japan,same here in the states whats new is its influencing the jazz scene and of course its the youth, infectious catchy versatile rhythyms where any instruements can reach its zenith.

To me its beautifull and sad in that it was born out of jamaica and sad that we have thrown it away as an after thought of our musical legacy.

Thank god fi di forgein man dem.

Comment

If only we could find a hard core following of Ska in China and bring them and the Japanese bands, let mi consult mi calculator, so many flights times so many passengers, we would blow weh the Jazz people pon sheer numbas.

Comment

There is a area in DR where only English is spoken, Columbia has mento, I will double check if Venezuela has that culture too.

"I started getting into ska 10 years ago" No wonder when I asked you about the dance "Shuffle" you had no answer, I wonder how many on this forum can Shuffle much less know it. There is a program called "Over 30" you will see some Legs man Shuffling. I am trying to figure if it came out of the Blues or a Cuban dance. Try to contact Merrtone brothers and Bunny Goodison, dem man deh can cover the Ska music and the dances...Bake and slide, Jubby, snap shuffle..

Toots of the Maytals, Prince Buster can shuffle, Jimmy Cliff was a legs man too, oh I forgot Jah B.

Have you ever heard of the dance team Pluggy & Beryl?

Comment

Working...
                    X