RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Driva Incompetent, Indecisive or just InaPickle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Driva Incompetent, Indecisive or just InaPickle?

Public Affairs: Why Pluck The Jack Of Spades?
    Published: Sunday | May 29, 20110 Comments

Gordon Robinson, Gleaner Writer

Yet again, turmoil in the Jamaican political landscape exposes its many weaknesses.

It's arrant nonsense to suggest that the revocation of a visa renders a Jamaican ineligible to serve in the current Cabinet. So there must be more than meets the eye to the resignation of James Robertson following his visa loss. If a foreign nation's visa policy can decide who serves in a Jamaican Cabinet, our Government could be easily paralysed and the country conquered without a shot being fired by anyone who so desired.

Let's try to apply some principles of clear thinking to this fiasco. What do we know as fact? First, the United States of America (USA) and Jamaica are friendly nations. In that context, it's unimaginable that Driva heard of the revocation in the media. I'm prepared to bet US$1 million to a stale donut he was given details of the allegations against Robertson; several advance warnings of what might happen should he fail to act; and clear notice of the final decision to pull the visa.

And I don't need to wait on any WikiLeaks revelations to ask for my betting voucher to be cashed.

Otherwise, the visa revocation would be an act of war. It would justify the expulsion of the US ambassador and the launching of marijuana-filled missiles at strategic US military targets. Since neither has been publicly considered, it follows that I win my bet and the US adhered scrupulously to protocol before taking this drastic step against a friendly government's minister.

Assuming I'm correct that he was forewarned, what did Driva do? Did he act to protect the integrity of the Jamaican Government by (for example) announcing an immediate Cabinet reshuffle and ordering Robertson to surrender his visa, both BEFORE the visa could be revoked? Well, at the time of writing, there's still no reshuffle and, if he so ordered, he was disobeyed with impunity as Robertson's resignation came only after his visa was revoked. Did he tell the Americans to jump in the lake until they prove whatever it is they allege? Apparently not, as evidenced by the immediate resignation once the USA acted.

So, it seems fair to conclude that Driva's indecisiveness or inactivity has, once again, resulted in international embarrassment for Jamaica. This time, it's been made to appear that America can select our Cabinet. Leadership or ineptitude? Political savvy or spinelessness? You decide
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

How about Indiclear ?

Figget dancing between the Rain Drops.. Monsoon and clothes dry !

Nightmare-proof !

Comment

Good to hear that things in Wonderland kriss

Driva smelling lika (shiit-dipped) rose...lol

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

All Wiki-leaks ah big him up !

lol ! Is like him did know seh di tings woulda leak..

Obeah him a practise.. muss !

Comment

lol

Comment

Working...
          X