Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VMBS offers cut in mortgage rates for customers

VMBS offers cut in mortgage rates for customers

The Victoria Mutual Building Society (VMBS) announced Wednesday that it cut interest rates on new mortgages by 2 percentage points.
    The rate cut means that VMBS savers will access mortgage loans for 10.4%, while non-savers will get loans at 11.99%.
    The mortgagor says interest rates on all other categories of loans will be cut by the same 2 percentage points, on June 1.
    However, the company says if a mortgagor's account is not up to date, it will reduce the loan rate by only a half a percentage point...and allow three months for the account to be brought up to date, to benefit from the further one and a half point cut.
    VMBS, in announcing the rate cut, said it hoped it would help its customers who are experiencing difficulty in meeting their monthly mortgage obligations
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Interest rates in Jamaica are just too high & I recall helping a sistren with her mortgage application a few years ago & some of the terms were a bit draconian.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
    X