I admit I was wrong...VERY wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I admit I was wrong...VERY wrong

When I joined the rum talk here in late 2007 I boldly proclaimed that the new JLP regime would be just as corrupt as the lamented PNP govt... based on my analysis of the leading characters. This declaration sparked condemnation and consternation from several posters, proud of their new heroes in green.

Clearly this assessment of mine was erroneous.... For that I apologize to the forum

This JLP regime is clearly the most intensely corrupt in the entire history of independent Jamaica. In less than 4 years the level and ferocity of their corruption is unprecedented, making others we thought were so bad look like dem neva dida try

Brown Man Time is indeed a revelation. Crime Syndicate fi reel
    Last edited by Don1; May 25, 2011, 07:47 PM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Is there something apart from the Dudus event that is very different from any other administration? Or are you referring to the Dudus situation.

Comment

If it was the Dudus situation alone that would be more than enuff to came to that conclusion....but there is more

I've never seen a govt so consumed in obvious corruption in such a short timeframe...starting with and led by the top guy's incessant lying & deceptions

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Do we need more than Dudusgate?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What is the more?

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Do we need more than Dudusgate?
            Clearly not.... at least not for reasonable people

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
              What is the more?
              Dudus family members

Comment

Wiki-leaks begs to differ...

Comment

Yuhseeit...dem steer clear from those cables...

Comment

I see those who were in condemnation mode back in 2007 at the preposterous prediction of massive impending JLP corruption are quite tame now...

Time reveals all...but not yet to the sycophants ...LOL

Comment

yuh sounding defensive now.. some guilt from you Household days yuh trying to try and ease..

Wiki-leaks reveal exactly what was thought of the PNP Admin under Patterson and just how deep into the corruption Pit they dragged the country..

People have strength now.. nothing like 'Brown Man Time' to awaken 'vigilance'

Bruce seh him want more Christie !

Comment

What our adulating ites do not get is we were lucky the US requested the extradition of ...or we would not have that rare glimpse in the goings on of our Govt.
                        Corruption is institutionalized in the JLP.
                        The distardly act was not limited to the PM,all the related offices of the state was involved.
                        Bruce's task(from the concerns he voiced in 07 to US authority)was to search for Bruce,and dealing with the problem Bruce

Comment

Corruption is institutionalized in Jamaica.

It will take a leader like Bruce with support from 'outside' to reverse the tide created under the 4 Term Patterson regime...

Comment

snicker

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yup, we are being played and we form the fool ourselves.

Portia warned!

Published: Friday | May 27, 2011

Simpson Miller

Cables disclose PNP leader alerted about corrupt politician

A ranking member of the Opposition People's National Party (PNP) has attracted the attention of three of Jamaica's major international partners who suspect that he might be involved in illegal or corrupt activities.

The politician has long been on the radar of security agencies in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, which warned the then new PNP President Portia Simpson Miller about his possible influence on her administration after her victory in the 2006 leadership race.

In fact, the three partners had expressed great concern about the character of this politician and some of the other persons who backed Simpson Miller's campaign to lead the PNP.

Diplomatic cables acquired by The Gleaner through the international non-profit media entity, WikiLeaks, show that the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom conveyed to Simpson Miller their unease.

They warned that persons with criminal ties could seek to align themselves with her administration after the victory that propelled her into the role of Jamaica's first female prime minister.

The influential partners were particularly concerned about someone they described as a key PNP member and made it known that they feared the person could be named as a member of Simpson Miller's Cabinet. A confidential diplomatic cable, marked classified, sent from the United States Embassy in Kingston to Washington in March 2006, said a parliamentary colleague of Simpson Miller was "bluntly" told of the concern.

The cable - sent shortly after Simpson Miller became prime minister and before she named a new Cabinet - said her parliamentary colleague was told "that the Canadian, US and UK missions are indeed concerned about (the person's) reputed illicit activities and associations, and the possibility that he (or others like him who supported Simpson Miller's campaign) could hold sensitive positions, or wield influence, in her government."

According to the cable, the PNP president's parliamentary colleague did not seem surprised by the allegations against the party member.

The senior PNP member, in fact, figures in several of the cables from the US Embassy with allegations of his involvement in several illegal activities. He was described by the US as "a politician with a past" who at one point "was a rising political star ...".

While there was no indication that the embassy was suggesting any action against him, it was clear that the Americans were wary of his influence on the local political scene and wanted to see him sidelined by Simpson Miller.
                              Last edited by Karl; May 27, 2011, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X