Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omar has been criticised but he achieved quite a bit

Found this on a Jamaican forum.

Omar has been criticised but he achieved quite a bit. Mr. Zacca just in case you did not know, under Omar's stewardship there were nine (9) consecutive years of positive growth; the NIR stood at (US)$ 2.4 B; the Jamaican dollar was stable... at 72:1; inflation during 2006 was 5.8%; domestic interest rates had been reduced to 11%; the country was enjoying unprecedented levels of Foreign Direct Investments; the level of poverty was 9.6% the lowest level ever recorded unemployment was below 10% also the lowest level ever recorded. What about the massive investment by the Spanish in the Tourism sector? Highway 2000, the investments in construction, water and sewerage projects and the MoBay Convention Centre were all part of a plan to expand the economy. Let us not forget that in 2006 the economy recorded 3% growth. People cuss Audley because too many of us can make ends meet and we have seen our standard of living fall to levels never before seen.Thats the reality. Audley has already failed. He has failed the people, especially the poor.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by Skeng DX; May 18, 2011, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Stable dollar, Highway 2000, domestic interest rates.... LOL

I really hope that person isn't a product of one of the yard(or even farin) universities. That must be one of the worst arguments trying to defend Omar. LOL

Comment

It should be nominated as comical post of the day.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Omar has been criticised but he achieved quite a bit...

Omar has been criticised but he achieved quite a bit. Mr. Zacca just in case you did not know, under Omar's stewardship there were nine (9) consecutive years of positive growth; the NIR stood at (US)$ 2.4 B; the Jamaican dollar was stable... at 72:1; inflation during 2006 was 5.8%; domestic interest rates had been reduced to 11%; the country was enjoying unprecedented levels of Foreign Direct Investments; the level of poverty was 9.6% the lowest level ever recorded unemployment was below 10% also the lowest level ever recorded. What about the massive investment by the Spanish in the Tourism sector? Highway 2000, the investments in construction, water and sewerage projects and the MoBay Convention Centre were all part of a plan to expand the economy. Let us not forget that in 2006 the economy recorded 3% growth. People cuss Audley because too many of us can make ends meet and we have seen our standard of living fall to levels never before seen.Thats the reality.
          The questions are: True or False? ...&... Is there the an argument to balance the oft repeated assertions that Omar was either all good or all bad?

Lazie, Wiili, Maudib and others believe there are no to support the above statements on Omar's stewardship you posted. Omar, to them was the cause of all perceived financial failures during the PNP's last period in power.

My position on their beliefs, madness positions.
          Their position stems from what Don1 calls being "of a tribe". It is fact that some good was done. ...but facts are never allowed to get in the way of tribalists positions. (Sorry, Willi...but you seem to be allowing reason to leave you when discussions on PNP and JLP take place).

Even Man-a-Yard from time to time admits some good was done...as slipped out when asked about the government's inaction on the ponzi schemes and the operators of same. He defended GOJ (the past government and his government).

He had to admit that a slew of changes occured in reguations dealing with oversight, protections...and penalties if there are breaches.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
            It should be nominated as comical post of the day.
            So you are saying it is - a lying post?!

mmmmm?????
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yuh ever heard me saying that I cant afford for PNP to fail???

If dem did good, I would have backed them!

I am a Daddy Manley man and come from HORIGINAL PNP stock. Dem lose dem way loooong ago.

Mi nuh wear blinkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post

I am a Daddy Manley man and come from HORIGINAL PNP stock. Dem lose dem way loooong ago.

Mi nuh wear blinkers.

...a touch yuh butten!
                Nuh worry yuh his mi fren an 99.999+% a di time a reasoned logical man!

...a jus Omar an di PNP get yuh goat an trow yuh aff stride.

Comment

Nah man.

I am cool as a cucumber. Sorry if I seemed otherwise.
                  Everything criss.
                  No matter what kinda foolishness yuh espouse, you remain my fren too. Just have to conk yuh in the head from time to time. LoL

Comment

I think the lesson is every party can point to figures that blindsides the people.The JLP did it with the IMF figuring,lol

Comment

Year GDP - real growth rate Rank Percent Change Date of Information
                      2003 .40 % 177 2002 est.
                      2004 1.90 % 148 375.00 % 2003 est.
                      2005 1.90 % 173 0.00 % 2004 est.
                      2006 1.80 % 182 -5.26 % 2005 est.
                      2007 2.30 % 181 27.78 % 2006 est.
                      2008 1.20 % 197 -47.83 % 2007 est.
                      2009 -.60 % 203 -150.00 % 2008 est.
                      2010 -2.80 % 163 366.67 % 2009 est.
                      2011 -.80 % 196 -71.43 % 2010 est.
                      Definition: This entry gives GDP growth on an annual basis adjusted for inflation and expressed as a percent.

Source: CIA World Factbook - Unless otherwise noted, information in this page is accurate as of March 11, 2010

See Also

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post

Mi nuh wear blinkers.

Tell dem, light a candle, sing a SANKEY and find them way home

But dem haffi get rid of a man called OMAR (BTW his surname is not Sharif)
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

The least they can do is get their facts right. When Omar had 3.0 growth.
                          When was the dollar stable under Omar? and take in consideration it is coming from 5-1 under the JLP. PNP government it is the only time people saw 100% inflation, 50% interest rate and 40% drop in GDP.

Omar SHOULDN'T be allowed close to finance again.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                          X