Well, the table is set for a real international drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the table is set for a real international drama

Forgive me for starting a new thread, but the latest update has raised the stakes significantly.

The accuser is a 32 year old African Immigrant. The Judge who denied bail or even an ankle bracelet is a woman who is the supervising judge of the Manhattan Criminal Court.

Prosecutor argued that France has no extradition treaty with the US so no bail should be granted. (Could the US not find a French Peter Phillips to do a deal with?)

Even if there is no extradition treaty, how could he continue to do his job, which is headquartered in Washington, and for which frequent international travel is required, if he just went into hiding in France? I think they need to work something out on this one, even if the evidence looks damning.

If he is guilty, someone in the background is probably working a deal for this woman, her family and home country to get some huge financial benefits. Indeed some countries, who are benefitting from his decisions, and who dont want to take the risk that a replacement would not be as kind to them, might be willing to facilitate deals. Also, business and political enemies of his might be willing to pay the woman as well and provide her with legal resources.

If he is found to be innocent, to have been set up, or if the woman drops the charges, this whole thing could blow up in a huge way for New York and the US. Even if he is found to be guilty, should the US and France not have worked something out so that he is afforded, as talk show hosts in NYC say, some sort of bail where he has GPS devices that monitor his movement until trial?

What a movie will follow! At the very least, they are already scripting the SVU episode.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

On the money Westman. The fix is being planned as I write. The French scum bags will have it no other way. They would rather cancel any IMF agreement the country of origin of the acuser made with the IMF.

Comment

Stay tune, as the accuser WORMS his way back into free Society
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

I think you mean accused and not accuser. This is America.....so......when is an agent going to schedule the victim on Oprah (Soap Opera), Piers Morgan, et cetera, et cetera? What is the daytime women's dysfuctional group with Barbara Walters and Whopee, etc.?

Comment

You skepticism has some grounds.

Must admire the resoluteness of the law-enforcement departments in the arrest of this man. In some countries, he would have walked...with the victim left in disgrace.....

If I am not mistaken, the judge has denied bail.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I admire the strong moves by law enforcement. However, the denial of high bail with ankle bracelet may be wee bit much. I will bet that the appeals court will find some way of granting bail.

My fear is that if the news goes from the accuser being an African immigrant to the accuser being an immigrant from a former French colony, this could get out of hand in a hurry.

I still do not believe that a housekeeper at a $3,000 a night hotel suite, entered the room on check out day, before check out time, and stayed in the room while the occupant was in the shower. That is not the Holiday Inn. A suite with a high profile occupant, on check out day, should be better managed.

My gut tells me that this story does not walk straight. I do not doubt he tried to accost the woman. I think this was served on a platter, knowing his weakness.

I am reminded of how Gingrich and Livingston, who both had disastrous private lives, went after Bill Clinton about his private life and used unspeakable tactics, in order to achieve their political ends.

Comment

Time will reveal most of what really happened Westman

HL

Comment

At first they claimed he never did anything, client is INNOCENT.

Now one news cast this morning says the pervert is going to say that the sex was consentual. Only a pity the victim couldn't have done a "Lorena Bobbitt".
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

He never said that. At the arraignment his lawyer made comments specifically to leave open a number of defense angles, not a single one.

Did I not suggest that it would be funny if the alleged victim was from French West Africa? She now turns out be from there. I am not saying she is not a victim and I am not saying that he is not guilty. But I am saying this thing will continue to raise eyebrows and take many twists.

Finally, the way this suspect is handled will set the precedent for how Americans will be handled in Europe. For example, the Europeans are saying that DSK was not allowed to shower, shave and wear a fresh set of clothing to his arraignment as many high profile Americans are often allowed to do.

Comment

He is French. The Americans love to make fun of the French. Nuh true, Bruce?

But he is also Jewish. Where is the outrage and shouts of anti-semite behaviour from the authorities?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      He is French. The Americans love to make fun of the French. Nuh true, Bruce?

But he is also Jewish. Where is the outrage and shouts of anti-semite behaviour from the authorities?!?

Maybe is him Jewish kingsfolks set up fi crucify him
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Him clothes look clean to me, but him could use a little shave. Him pitcha look like Bernie Madoff.
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/d...sufferers.html
                          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Look like Him borrow Bernie rain-coat....

HL

Comment

Like I said...........I never thought the story walked straight!

Comment

Working...
                              X