Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Agree

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    If she want time then simply travel on a Jamaican passport. Why would immigration try to make the difference for Jamaican born when they have an overseas passport?

This is standard proceedure in any country and that is why you have two lines, one for Jamaican and Caricom and one for other visitors.
    Very good point, Assasin (I also agree with Bricktop).

Comment

Exile yuh must be a VIP!
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

get a jamaican passport!

my children were born elsewhere and have anothe rpassport but it grieved me that they were only given 2 or 3 weeks etc so...i applied for the citizenship by descent and will apply for their jamaican passport accordingly.

I would say to these people, appply for a jamaican passport through the appropriate consulates if you are so conerned about being able to exercise your jamaicanness.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

it worked for me a few months ago.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It took me a few months to get a new birth certificate and passport with and few phone call well. I got a good apology from the NY consulate.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              get a jamaican passport!

my children were born elsewhere and have anothe rpassport but it grieved me that they were only given 2 or 3 weeks etc so...i applied for the citizenship by descent and will apply for their jamaican passport accordingly.

I would say to these people, appply for a jamaican passport through the appropriate consulates if you are so conerned about being able to exercise your jamaicanness.

The ongle thing is that you can't get a Jamaican passport until you have the new birth certificate. We applied for mine and my daughter's from March 28th, and all we can hear is that they can't find the records.

Both of us weren't even born in the same parish, so how unfortunate we are that not even one of the two can be found.

It don't bother me how much time dem want to stamp in my passport, as I don't have the vacation time to spend more than 2 weeks.

But me need the birth paper so me can apply for a TRN numba
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Applying for a Jamaican passport through descent is a difficult process, and I have some relatives who threw in the towel due to the long bureaucratic process.
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

right, simple likkah suh, dem ah try fi mek a mountain outah ah mole hill.

Comment

Tell them fi line up fi the Reggaeboyz or Girls and no problem
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

so...get one. if you are jamaican and you want a passport .....

Comment

well i did it for my kids in Feb and I have the documents in hand and have it for about 2 months now.

Comment

so...get one. if you are jamaican and you want a passport .....

WHO??
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

"you" generic ...

Comment

There is a new birth certificate, really? I used my other passport as ID for a TRN btw.

Comment

"you" generic ...
                                Yuh nuh hear mi say mi apply fi mi birth certificate since March and dem caan find the record

But me nuh want no passport
                                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                                X