No announcement yet.

Dr. Ken Baugh - Please Read & Respond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes...but the point on need to increased training for markets outside of Jamaica is bang on.

As fact, the present situation is one where workers are being laid off...underemployment and unempoyment is rising, more graduates shall flood the local market in a few months.

Johnson is not advocating removal of emphasis on building from within. He sure as hell is advocating training the vast numbers we cannot offer jobs locally in a manner that shall allow them to gain employment outside of the island.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
      Export of Human Capital ?

What are the returns.. ?
      What cost do you put on the disruptions to ecomonic and social life...drag on a country's ability for growth and advancement by those who cannot be gainfully employed???
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post

Muadibs point is that if we combine opportunity and creativity with high level tertiary education, we can do wonders, real transformation of the country and in less time that is commonly thought.

To somewhat hijack the post...

Where in exporting those we cannot find employment go against the above point?

Comment

The post I am responding to seems to believe this is some tactic... not an unfortunate result of poor Economic Management of the Country which resulted in 25% GDP loss in the 70s and 40% GDP loss in the 90s.. It is a good strategy by come countries.. Jamaica don't mek dat list.. Jamaica is in the Brain Drain category

By the way is muss white people did get obliterated resulting in 40% GDP loss.. since yuh claim seh Black businesses never really get too impacted..

lol ! Maybe I don't understand what GDP is..

Comment

THERE is no employment out of the island when the world except China/Gerrmany/Switzerland/Austria, Brazil, Canada and Australia in recession.

I dont totally disagree with all his points, I take umbrage with his style.

Is like unno nuh read mi posts and arguing about non-sequitors!

Comment

Working...
            X