Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must read- Wignall

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>

<SPAN class=TopStory>I am surprised no one posted this from Sunday.....</SPAN>

<SPAN class=TopStory>The rise of Shine</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline>The true story of the birth and existence of a murderer, rapist and robber</SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>Wignall's World Mark Wignall
    Sunday, January 21, 2007
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=330 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description></SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>Paradise has its dark, ominous side. Between two settings of a tropical sun there lies in Jamaica a nation unsure about its purpose, direction and, more importantly, the worth of its people. We have no mission statement, no dream, no leadership showing us the way and impelling us to be the best that we promised to be when we gained our independence in 1962.<P class=StoryText align=justify>From giggling and making small talk over lobster, lamb and wine in the setting of a plush north coast resort to hearing a child bawl for hunger in the midst of an inner city hell, we 'enjoy' in this country an uncertain coexistence, a disquiet, where huge pockets of ignorance and criminality lurk outside the door of opulence and those others trying to make it through education, hard work, perseverance and thrift.<P class=StoryText align=justify>We are a nation of people who will displace heaven and bypass earth in our attempts to keep body and soul in synch. For sure we cry when we are pained by disease, disappointment and seeing our loved ones snatched away from us by the brutal finality of the gunman's bullet.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Our humanness decrees that that be so. But in our vulnerability we are driven by fear to ask, 'Will it be me tonight? Will I be shot at the next intersection? Is my number to be called soon?'
    While huge numbers of us toil hard to educate our children, to give them that needed jumpstart in life, a small but significant minority among us exist for the sole purpose of bringing pain and tragedy to this nation paradise.<P class=StoryText align=justify>To those of us who have been, like myself, held up at gunpoint more than once, felt the sting of the gunman's bullet and others who have been condemned to relive over and over the nightmare of losing a relative to the vicious killers among us, it appears that this country is drifting like a rudderless ship. Sometimes we see land and we cry out to the captain but in his or her impotence all that can be done is hope that the wind will blow us to the shore. Alas, that never seems to happen.<P class=StoryText align=justify>In this article, I have attempted to chronicle the life of a man who was once a cold blooded killer, rapist and danger to society. His criminal exploits represent what ails this nation. Hopefully in reading this article, we will become painfully aware that the criminal gunman is not planning on leaving us anytime soon because for too long, too many people in the numerous inner city pockets have been undereducated and cast on the fringes of society. If you still want to read, read on.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=330 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD><SPAN class=Description></SPAN></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><P class=StoryText align=justify>To exist, they learn very early to prey on, first, those close to them then later, they move outside the radius of their community and into our lives. They do so for as long as we continue to retreat into gated communities and as long as the gun will carry them. And they will do so as long as our
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: Must read- Wignall

I was actually waiting for part II.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

<DIV>"Next week: Shine is wounded, arrested, held at the University Hospital, escapes and spends the remainder of his recuperation at a 'hospital' in a well known garrison community. That garrison community shall be nameless. He is rearrested and escapes once more."</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Lazie,a wonder is which garrison him a talk bout?</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sendfi Adams nuh? I guess this justifies another invasion.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Imagine he kills the man who he catches engaging in oral sex with his helper, by his own admission he kills him for no other reason except the fact he was doing that, no because he was challenged or anything.

Wonder if that man's widow or children might have read this or a colleague saw it and recognised the incident and told them?
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

I wonder what him woulda do if the helper was actually the male gardener.

Comment

Nuh the norm? ****man fi dead, informa fi dead and bowcat fi dead.

Comment

Working...
              X