No announcement yet.

Unmarried Jamaican fathers to be registered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe that is the case for folks without legal means but for folks with legal means, it is very easy. It is made easy because the USA has been pursuing folks in Ja vigorously. In order to get good cooperation, the USA has been giving it in this area as well.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

I heard a piece on NPR how the Mexican government operate and hunt down deadbeat parents through their employers. Once a complaint is lodge and a address is given they start to go after the person and make an agreement with them or garnish wages.

It made me think that we could achieve much more.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What if she don't know who is the father? What a woman call your name and send the birth certificate to your wife but you never 'knew her?'
        As mi granny would say, "if yuh nuh guh unda fowl roost, fowl caaan $h&1t pon yuh!"
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          Unmarried Jamaican fathers to be registered
          Jamaica Observer
          Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Under the proposed amendments, if the mother is unable to declare the father’s name, she would have to provide the reason on the appropriate section of the relevant form.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...#ixzz1LQzhwUVX
          I can just see an honest Mom who could not name a father with great certainty writing, I slept with Mr. Dis, Mr. Dat and a few others in rapid succession...

...and a dishonest one saying, "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe"...
          Last edited by Karl; May 5, 2011, 09:24 PM.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

In this we share more than a surname Time, my first reaction was what if this woman wants to be malicious and call up man name when man never even 'knew' her.

But then a I heard an interview on RJR and they said if the woman does anything like that she could be charged.

But by then the damage could already be done.
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
              In this we share more than a surname Time, my first reaction was what if this woman wants to be malicious and call up man name when man never even 'knew' her.

But then a I heard an interview on RJR and they said if the woman does anything like that she could be charged.

But by then the damage could already be done.
              All rubbish from the goverment. If both persons met then how will the government prove the man never 'knew' the woman?

Also what if he 'knew her' but played it safe and nevwe left his callinf card behind but some other fellow also 'knew her' and and left his calling card and she decided that she is going to call the name the one who did not leave his calling call? No need to reinvent the wheel, just do it the american way.
              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

All rubbish from the goverment. If both persons met then how will the government prove the man never 'knew' the woman?
                Time, wwe are living in 2011, not 1950s. DNA testing can say close to 99.99% that he is the father or not. It is not such a big deal.

Moreover, why would a woman say the child is someone's when they were never knocking boots?
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla I know two women who chnage their names when they were adults to reflect who their real father was.

In one case the mother actually named the child off the man who had the most money and would be able to mind the child better...evil woman... and in the other case the woman was upset with one man who had another family and would not acknowledge her in public.

In the latter case as far as I am haring now 25 years later she will not accept that by having unprotected sex with more than one man, she was in no position to take any moral high ground.
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                    Time, wwe are living in 2011, not 1950s. DNA testing can say close to 99.99% that he is the father or not. It is not such a big deal.

Moreover, why would a woman say the child is someone's when they were never knocking boots?

The economics!
                    ...or just simply remorse and a need for the 'nicer guy'

...yuh kno...wat (did) luk lacka good reason if gi di jacket
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Well make the nicer guy godfather.

Too many times I hear man say I "might" have a kid ..... or "dem say a my pickney" etc.

Hopefully this will lead to bit more responsibility on the part of both parents.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Like yuh deh pon campaign trail.

Anyone at any time can bring false accusation. If there is a remedy, then what is the problem?

And what damage done? The fact that the adults had a fling? How is that a priority for protection The interests of the child is paramount here.

When Manley said in the 70s there were no more bastards, HE WAS WRONG! The bastards has never been the innocent child, it has always been the irresponsible parents.

Oh, and BTW, deadbeat dads costs all of us dearly in the society..directly and indirectly. The need to step up to the plate or face consequences.

Comment

Working...
                        X