X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Paul to campaign against violence in Jamaica

World News

Sean Paul to campaign against violence in Jamaica

<DIV class=KonaBody gXaJE="1" xVlvo="true">London, Jan 25 : Reggae star Sean Paul is planning to launch a solo campaign to stop violence amongst youth in Jamaica.<BR gXaJE="1"><BR gXaJE="1">Paul is setting out to do this through his new album. Unlike his previous albums, the new one will focus on issues that deal with his country, reports contactmusic.com. <BR gXaJE="1"><BR gXaJE="1">He says: "The content is just a little different than what people expect from me. It's not about partying, it's not about ladies; it's about the kids with the guns in the streets. It's more reality. <BR gXaJE="1"><BR gXaJE="1">"I'm talking about the younger generation that has no other option for success than to find a gun somewhere. I try to appeal to them: 'I know you a sufferer, but it doesn't mean that you can't or shouldn't expect any better.' It's a lot different than from what I usually say, like, 'Get busy, shake that thing'."<BR gXaJE="1"><BR gXaJE="1">Paul is dedicating his new album to two friends who have been killed in youth related violence. <BR gXaJE="1"><BR gXaJE="1">He adds: "I saw potential in these two kids and many others. It really hit home. And I'm thinking of a voice, I need to say something to people." </DIV>

--- IANS
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi
Working...
X