Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Hamilton Palladium,Sass, Karl, Please Check

your source:

I heard that the Fiesta Hotel at Point hire less than 5% of their staff from Hanover?

I heard that all their Maintenance people are from the Domonican Republic?

That they don't pay tax?

There is no Union?

Been there.

There is an apparent presence of spanish speaking employees in the engineering/ maintenence department.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Been there and I don't believe that. There is a large Jamaican staff and I spoke to a lot of people who live in Hanover. It seems like there is a lot of Hispanic in management however. They are either managers or assistant manager, seems like them a give an "eye".

Most new hotels in Jamaica don't pay taxes for the first 10 years or pay a very limite amount. After 10 years they start paying, that is one of the reason many small hotel sell after 9 years or form new management to take advantage of this law. This is an incentive to invest. But wit them adding so many rooms as a major investment it might be another 10 or years yet before they start paying any taxes of note.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I said maintenance staff sir.

Comment

I see a good amount in security. can't say but could it be because of the bad job done in the first place?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Bad job, that was the Contractors greediness, they did not hire experience or certified tradesmen/women but a set of knuckle heads, nevertheless Security are not Technical workforce that is the bone of my argument, also if the understudy are not Jamaicans, both political parties drop the ball.

Comment

while I was there they were making a video on service to send to Brazil and other branches and they used mostly the Jamaican staff. While was there also there were a good amount of Jamaican staff lingering. A least three ask mi "to get a beer for them" which I assume they ask other guests. On one occassion I did.

There are many areas which they can develop. The children staff are not very good. Entertainment in the main theatre is only dancing, they could have a variety show or a play etc. Lot of improvement needed. I think in general the hotel have a lot of Jamaican staff and maybe overstaff in the slow period base on what I saw.

Also remember this is a big chain hotel and they maybe training staff for other branches as well. Currenlty a few Jamaicans well working with Sandals chain wherever they exit.

Comment

Working...
              X