Jamaica Loves Roads.. Schools not So Much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my advocacy here is for education...let's stay on point

this govt like all others before it is a flop as far as education is concerned... Minister going around begging for alms while road werk flush wid funds due to elections

Pathetic
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Again tell how it is sustainable.

Mi wait. dem all flop in many areas don't mean infrastructure don't need to be repaired. Many of the roads in Portland have not been touched in 20 years.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The people of Portland also have access to UWI Open Campus in Port Antonio. So they don't all have to go to the College @ Passley Gardens. ...And in case you didn't know, people in Portland were obtaining higher education long time, via UWI & CAST (now UTECH) damn long time. So dem not only stuck with CASE. Some go to NCU in Mandeville, Shortwood, Mico, St. Joseph's etc.

I'm from Portland and I went to CAST, as it was then called. Don't tek liberty and think that Portlanders don't educate themselves, despite the one full-time tertiary institution.
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

them only a chat and think them know it all. Again Rio Grande Bridge was build in 1891 and they didn't replace with the North Coast Highway so.......
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So the taxes collected from Motor Vehicle Gas tax etc should be allocated to Education ?

Is that what you are advocating ?

Comment

Sorry... evvyting kriss education wise in Portie ... I didn't know.

Thanks for the update

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

totally missing the point. or maybe you aren't. maybe you are satisfied with the state of education in jamaica and portland. afterall, wi can point to you, Sass, Ruddy Speid, Colour, Emperor, Dr. Chin and a host of others as proof that Portlanders are educated!

sigh!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well, what is it being used for because it certainly it ain't going towards roads!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Nobody is debating that we need to make the education system better or we are satisfied. The fact is Jamaica infrastructure which also include roads crumbling. Last I heard you were complaining about the road you drive and you couldn't wait for it to start.

I remember when unnu say roads shouldn't even be a part of the political election program, what changed??? Thought the idea that road maintenance should be done. How can you blame people to be happy for road knowing the condition of some of the roads? You really think these people are choosing between roads and education??? and they are dumb to want good roads that they should have anyway.

The only problem I have is that it is done good cut out the fat.

Comment

stap yuh noise and watch serious people work...

Comment

yuh cyaan help yuhself but to miss di point..nutten new....

at least yuh consistent..LOL

Comment

Some of you on here too damn WRENK, unuh think unuh superior to everybody, especially if your parents had left country and went to town to live & thus you got the opportunity to attend school there. CRAWL back in your holes and come back to earth!
                          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Calm down...yuh misguided

Why interpret my position as an attack on "country"? That's ridiculous. It is not. It is an attack on the mentality that doesn't regard education as a priority...led by politicians and infecting their followers who seem willing to accept failure or mediocrity in education....that's an islandwide thing.

You could substitute ANY parish in what I said about your beloved Portland...including Kingston & St Andrew where most of the schools are substandard

The fact is that Jamaica's system of education stinks and people refuse to acknowledge it by demanding that governments provide funds consistently to improve the system so it serves all people well.
                            Yet when politicians undertake wild spending to win elections people can't make the connection between that and their disinterest in education.

Calm yuhself
                            Last edited by Don1; May 5, 2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X