Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump: Obama wasn't qualified for Ivy League

Beth Fouhy, Associated Press
    NEW YORK (AP) -- Real estate mogul Donald Trump suggested in an interview Monday that President Barack Obama had been a poor student who did not deserve to be admitted to the Ivy League universities he attended. Trump, who is mulling a bid for the Republican presidential nomination, offered no proof for his claim but said he would continue to press the matter as he has the legitimacy of the president's birth certificate.
    "I heard he was a terrible student, terrible. How does a bad student go to Columbia and then to Harvard?" Trump said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I'm thinking about it, I'm certainly looking into it. Let him show his records."
    Obama graduated from Columbia University in New York in 1983 with a degree in political science after transferring from Occidental College in California. He went on to Harvard Law School, where he graduated magna cum laude 1991 and was the first black president of the Harvard Law Review.
    Obama's 2008 campaign did not release his college transcripts, and in his best-selling memoir, "Dreams From My Father," Obama indicated he hadn't always been an academic star. Trump told the AP that Obama's refusal to release his college grades were part of a pattern of concealing information about himself.
    "I have friends who have smart sons with great marks, great boards, great everything and they can't get into Harvard," Trump said. "We don't know a thing about this guy. There are a lot of questions that are unanswered about our president."
    Katie Hogan, a spokeswoman for Obama's re-election campaign, declined to comment.
    Trump, a wealthy businessman and reality TV host, has risen to the top of many polls in part by his outspoken call for Obama to release his long form birth certificate. The state of Hawaii has released a certificate of live birth indicating Obama was born there on August 4, 1961, but that has not quelled critics who believe Obama was born outside the United States and is therefore not qualified to be president.
    The so-called "birther" controversy has dominated the early stage of the 2012 GOP nominating contest, with Trump leading the charge.
    "I have more people that are excited about the fact that I reinvigorated this whole issue," Trump said, adding "the last guy (Obama) wants to run against is Donald Trump."
    Trump is scheduled to travel to the early primary states of New Hampshire and Nevada this week and said he will make a final decision about a presidential bid by June.

I strongly doubt that Trump plans to run but I almost hope he does, it would be quite entertaining!

He is doing very well in the Republican polls, LOL! I guess they actually think he believes any of this nonsense he is saying.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Trump is going to crash and burn as soon as they turn the spotlight on him. He is attacking Obama for all the wrong reasons.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Trust me he knows what he is doing, as despicable as it is. He is not doing this to run or win any election.

The GOP establishment should be very worried. They have helped to create an environment that is now turning on them.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The old "The President is a dumb illegal alien muslim" trick...

Works everytime..

Comment

Originally posted by Naminirt View Post
            Beth Fouhy, Associated Press
            NEW YORK (AP) -- Real estate mogul Donald Trump suggested in an interview Monday that President Barack Obama had been a poor student who did not deserve to be admitted to the Ivy League universities he attended. Trump, who is mulling a bid for the Republican presidential nomination, offered no proof for his claim but said he would continue to press the matter as he has the legitimacy of the president's birth certificate.
            "I heard he was a terrible student, terrible. How does a bad student go to Columbia and then to Harvard?" Trump said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I'm thinking about it, I'm certainly looking into it. Let him show his records."
            Obama graduated from Columbia University in New York in 1983 with a degree in political science after transferring from Occidental College in California. He went on to Harvard Law School, where he graduated magna cum laude 1991 and was the first black president of the Harvard Law Review.
            Obama's 2008 campaign did not release his college transcripts, and in his best-selling memoir, "Dreams From My Father," Obama indicated he hadn't always been an academic star. Trump told the AP that Obama's refusal to release his college grades were part of a pattern of concealing information about himself.
            "I have friends who have smart sons with great marks, great boards, great everything and they can't get into Harvard," Trump said. "We don't know a thing about this guy. There are a lot of questions that are unanswered about our president."
            Katie Hogan, a spokeswoman for Obama's re-election campaign, declined to comment.
            Trump, a wealthy businessman and reality TV host, has risen to the top of many polls in part by his outspoken call for Obama to release his long form birth certificate. The state of Hawaii has released a certificate of live birth indicating Obama was born there on August 4, 1961, but that has not quelled critics who believe Obama was born outside the United States and is therefore not qualified to be president.
            The so-called "birther" controversy has dominated the early stage of the 2012 GOP nominating contest, with Trump leading the charge.
            "I have more people that are excited about the fact that I reinvigorated this whole issue," Trump said, adding "the last guy (Obama) wants to run against is Donald Trump."
            Trump is scheduled to travel to the early primary states of New Hampshire and Nevada this week and said he will make a final decision about a presidential bid by June.
            Translation, Trump just realized that Obama silence lead him into the birth certificate trap for which the Donald will come out wounded. He is trying to take away the credit from Obama for trumping the great Donald. magna cum laude and dunce? Hmm.
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
              Translation, Trump just realized that Obama silence lead him into the birth certificate trap for which the Donald will come out wounded. He is trying to take away the credit from Obama for trumping the great Donald. magna cum laude and dunce? Hmm.

ADD UGLY MORON to all that Between him, Rudy Buliani, Bloomberg aka Doomberg & Steinbrenner - don't know who I love/d more
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Obama buss it too soon,september would have been ideal when the repub party was in a civil war over the issue,banner and co might have been on the trump bandwagon by then
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Dat me say too, but I am sure he has his reasons and good ones too. It is hard to find a better political teamthan Obamas.

Comment

Maybe time for the JLP to repudiate their Republican brethren
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Obama can become president of that august institution after his second term ends. That should rub it in a bit.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Not too soon; timimg is right. What amazes me is how he is always steps ahead of the GOP. Yup take the wind out of the birthers' sail (with Trump lumped in with them) before it gains any real traction.

It would best serve Trump if he leaves quietly with whatever credibility he has left.Trump has been outsmarted, outflanked and made to look more than a fool. Trump is now left to discredit the accpetance process of two of the finest institution in the land (ofcourse these institutions will close ranks regardless of party lines and bury Trump if he tries to tarnish their rep) Where does that leave Donald Duck oops Trump? Oh Hawaii is not part of the mainland, hence not really america. Oh I wouldn't touch that one Donald. It's embarrassing to see that a man who aspires to be the leader of a great nation thrives on hear say and gossip (not being able to make sound judgement on facts but idle talk and gossip. This is how he will be seen going forward).

This is also a blow to many conspiracy theories too. Bam is very good; the real chesssmaster. Don't take him lightly, very patient and calculating. He can cut your head off and you are still walking around as if nothing happened (a dangerous man).

Comment

Trump say him proud a himself. Him say ongle him one was able to make Obama produce the birth certificate.

Well, three cheers for you, Chump!

Not even Lazie coulda spin dah one deh deh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yup quite an achievement Donald (by your standards but not one for a world power), now go have some tea with Sarah and be quiet.

Comment

Ahhhh,

Ever hear about self interest?

Which party does more for the Caribbean? This was pointed out to me by a Manley man! Intellectually we may like the Dems more, but dem do more damage to us. The Reps shell out more to us cause dem know we nuh like dem!

Comment

Working...
                              X