yuh nuh brown/green enuff

Comment

Originally posted by 1of1 View Post
      yuh nuh brown/green enuff
      aftah mi nuh waah smell frownsy

dem can keeep dat greeness

mowly like

Comment

I hope they upgraded or at least made sure the tracks/level crossings were in good condition. There is no mention of that. And, not to mention the "retraining" or re-education of motorists with respect to protocol at level crossings... ( assuming that level crossings will exist in this new service).
        Peter R

Comment

at first glance, this "new" train jus looked like an old mash up chi-chi bus wha get re-furbished. then i found out it was a "new" old train. sad. after mi dehya a think we a get some crazy new subway futuristic train. i felt so embarrassed to see Jamaicans clamoring over that old ass junk. i'm sorry for being honest.

Comment

show you how low PNP tek di country....

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              The Opposition People’s National Party (PNP) has welcomed the restart of the passenger rail service in Jamaica.
              Robert Pickersgill, Spokesman on Transport, who was at the commemorative service for the re-launch of Jamaica’s passenger rail service in Linstead, St. Catherine Saturday afternoon, said the move is welcomed, however, he raised concerns about the impact the rail service might have on taxi operators.
              "It is appreciated but I have heard that there will be one fare which would give (passengers) a transfer on to a Jamaica Urban Transit Company bus. Now that sounds smooth but if it happens, I am a little concerned about how the taxi operators will take it because already they have been complaining .
              "And if you add the closure of the Bog Walk Gorge to that, then the taxi operators are immediately at a disadvantage because they will have to go the longer routes," Pickersgill said.
              He urged a seamless infusion of the rail service into the transport sector.
              It is a good concern because the taxi business provide employment for a large number of poor people. However Taxis are cost inefficient and also add to traffic congestion. Some of the taxi operators must go for the greater good of the country. Taxis survive in New York City even with a massive subway system, therefore some of the Taxi men will survive. Forget about profit, no major metro rail system in te world is profitable, they are all government receive govt subsidy.
              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Unless some innovative link could be made incorporating taxis into the transfer system , maybe?
                Peter R

Comment

The thing seems to being made up as they go along...no evidence of a business plan.... that's my major concern

I'm a natural skeptic of politicians...so it seems logical to me that this is mostly a PR exercise playing to the crowd with nuff falling for the Game.... notice the nationalistic colours on the train appealing to emotions... but little mention of economics

Where there is little bread... give the people a Circus
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                    The thing seems to being made up as they go along...no evidence of a business plan.... that's my major concern

I'm a natural skeptic of politicians...so it seems logical to me that this is mostly a PR exercise playing to the crowd with nuff falling for the Game.... notice the nationalistic colours on the train appealing to emotions... but little mention of economics

Where there is little bread... give the people a Circus
                    Sad, Mike Henry went into details on This Morning yesterday morning. Pity ppl didn't want to hear.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

what a pity... so missa PR rep what's "detais"?
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Yuh feel seh is suh 'Brown Man' operate ?

Look like yuh confusing dis with 'Black Man Time'...

Comment

Working...
                        X