We Don't Fear The DPP'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Don't Fear The DPP'

DEFENCE LAWYERS for Kern Spencer and Coleen Wright yesterday fired jabs at Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Paula Llewellyn, saying she is not a great prosecutor.

K.D. Knight, who is representing Wright in the Cuban light-bulb corruption and money-laundering trial, and Patrick Atkinson, who represents Spencer, said they took exception to comments she has made to the media.

Llewellyn has accused the defence of trying to get her out of the trial.

Yesterday, Knight and Atkinson were furious as they attacked the DPP.

"Nobody on this side fears Ms Llewellyn's advocacy and there are competent prosecutors in the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions to prosecute this case," Atkinson said.

"Nobody trembles at Ms Llewellyn's prosecutorial skills," he added.

no prosecutorial virtue

Knight said when he was coming into the case, other attorneys asked who the chief prosecutor would be and "when I told them the director, they opined 'that was my best chance'".

He added: "The director has shown no prosecutorial virtue that would intimidate Mr Patrick Atkinson or myself."

In giving unsolicited advice to Llewellyn, Knight also said: "Don't allow ego to take precedence over justice."

dem people yah a jokah

ego ..... from kd?!!! ef i laugh tiddeh!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
    X