X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so much fuss with this DPP?

DDP versus Contractor General?
    DDP versus INDECOM?
    DPP went after Pusey to kick her off the case?
    Pusey kicks out DPP temporarily?
    DDP to appear as witness?

Larks tyad fi hear the DDP name call in a mix up.

LATEST NEWS:
    Magistrate rules to have DPP booted from court 11:47 AM

Subscribe to our RSS Feeds
    Follow us on Twitter!

News
    Magistrate rules to have DPP booted from court
    Steps being taken to have Llewellyn subpoenaed
    By PAUL HENRY Crime/court coordinator henryp@jamaicaobserver.com
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011

SENIOR Magistrate Judith Pusey this morning ruled that Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) Paula Llewellyn should remain out of court for the remainder of the evidence of star prosecution witness Rodney Chin in the Cuban light bulb trial.

The ruling was as a result of an application brought by defence attorneys yesterday asking for Llewellyn’s removal on the ground that they intended to call her as a witness due to an interview she had conducted with Chin in November 2008 while he was still an accused in the case.
    But Pusey's ruling immediately prompted a challenge from Llewellyn who said she would resist any attempt by the defence to call her as a witness. She said if subpoenaed by the defence to testify, she would petition the High Court to have it set aside.
    According to Llewellyn, it would be a gross "negligence of her professional duty" if she should "accept Pusey's invitation" to leave the court for the duration of Chin's evidence. Llewellyn said her leaving would undermine the prosecution.
    "I cannot in these circumstances accede to Your Honour's invitation to remain outside," said Llewellyn.
    But Queen's Counsel Patrick Atkinson (representing Coleen Wright, the co-accused of former junior energy minister Kern Spencer) said in response that a ruling had been made by the court, which Llewellyn should be compelled to adhere to.
    Atkinson urged Pusey to throw out the case against the accused persons as they would not be able to get a fair trial if Llewellyn failed to accept the ruling of the court.
    Steps are now being taken to have Llewellyn subpoenaed.
    Responding to the application for the case to be thrown out, deputy DPP Caroline Hay reminded Pusey that she had last November ruled against the case being thrown out at this early juncture.
    The trial, which started two years ago, has seen many delays due to numerous legal manoeuvres by the defence and prosecuting attorneys, which included a failed effort by the prosecution to have Pusey removed from the case on the ground of perceived bias.
    Spencer and Wright, his former assistant, are being tried for their role in the distribution of millions of free energy-saving bulbs, a process which ended up costing taxpayers millions of dollars.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1JKj3CO8V
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

yuh know har?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I said it a while now, Based on repots the DPP seems to be out of her leaque. It doesn't seem she knows the fights to pick or when to concede. Is she saying her deputies are not capable enough? Did she mishandle the Kern case from scratch and trying to cover it up.
      Kern and Company should fry for this but it seems they will walk because the PNP using their pwerful lawyers to fight a weak DPP

Comment

I was saying the same thing today that I cant recall Kent Pantry ever being in so much cass cass...
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          yuh know har?
          Nope, is she your friend?
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

she is an acquaintance, she's not on my christmas list nor am i on hers but i do know her.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I think q is there because she is inept.Btw,did she sign the arrest warrant for the officer in the indecom matter or is she still busy questioning his arrrst by BSI and Indecom?

Comment

won't go there ... but probably nuff water under and above dat dere bridge

Comment

Working...
                X