Mr Tufton while the farmer's market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Tufton while the farmer's market

going well it only prove we can produce more. I hope you seek out more markets for the products in the long run.

The farmers market is good in the short run but we need to find new markets for these produce.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Also, it would be nice if they lift the products off the ground. Creating stalls to display products give a professional image to this Farmers Market.

(Or that's not necessary).
    Last edited by HL; April 8, 2011, 05:26 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Wasn't the Farmer's Market the 'solution' to having real sustainable markets? How does it prove we can produce more?

Comment

The farmers market was set up to sell off glut in the marketplace. If we can't find market for these product long term it will mean farmers will get outer producing these product as there is more than enough supply, or we have to find somebody else to sell them to.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The story of Jamaican agriculture...production-oriented marketing...should market-oriented production. We will always be going around in a circle.

Comment

until someone with a little vision take charge of it. Tufton not doing a bad job so that is why he has a chance. If they can convince the hotels or other small islands to take these product at reasonable price it will make a big difference.

Comment

What "other small islands"? These are the ones that are exporting food in the eastern Caribbean...certainly to Trinidad. Jamaica need to step up with the processing and value-added products that are inherently branded as Jamaican...sell the brand..not the item per se....case in point..we sell Blue Mountain, not just coffee...Walkers Wood....etc...although I see a lot of big companies selling "Jamaican Jerk" like Badia....again if we can't produce volume, we compete..UNLESS we have gourmet product...say JAmaican ginger..

Comment

Cayman and Turks have a demand for Jakan produce.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                  Also, it would be nice if they lift the products off the ground. Creating stalls to display products give a professional image to this Farmers Market.

(Or that's not necessary).
                  You're right HL!
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                  X