Going home to Teach

• Going home to Teach

Warning- If you have not read this book yet, dont read it on public transportation, minibus, plane or train or in public places where there are strangers.

You will laugh out loud and people will look at you like you mad.

I picked it up last week and except for when I was at Champs cant put it down... great writing and a good synopsis of Jamaica in the 60s to the Manley Days, kinda reminded me of James Baldwin's Fire next time which was a commentary of race relations in the United States around the same period.

helps if yuh mad arready!

That too..by the way way glimpsed you at Champs Sat'day so I guess you are in Jamaica, right?

Winkler went to Cornwall but I think he was expelled for refusing to be caned by a headmaster

fi real i have enjoyed EVERY one of his books and he does not shy from the vernacular!

that was SATURDAY today is MONDAY!!!

Ok - I must check it out and buy for kindle. I read The Painted Canoe and totally enjoyed it.
            “Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”

the yacht race, the lunatic and i think there was another one...cannot remember the title now...

Dog War and Crocodile!
                “Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”

didn't read that one!

the duppy ... i read that one!

I still trying to get passed the suggestion dat him read book !

or is kindle?

dat wussa...

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                            I still trying to get passed the suggestion dat him read book !
                            passed??

Was it The Painted Canoe? I think that was his best-written work.
                              "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011