easy cop out. that's your choice.

So you really believe that a Portia-led PNP is the best government option for Jamaica right now?

Ah...yes!

Interesting. Well you certainly are not alone in that view.

I wonder how much further behind our GDP will be after another round of PNP economics. BUT...I guess we will still eat good and look bashy.

wheh yuh seh... dem have annedah round in di chambah fi wi ?

maybe a 60% GDP hit... ?

Since there's not much to recommend them I agree that a return to the PNP is unwarranted ... IF Bruce Golding remains head of the JLP and Jamaica.

The spiritual disease afflicting Jamaica that I discern and that some like Willi has spoken of is only made more chronic if such an egregiously unabashed & unrepentant liar remains in office.... the report by the JLP aligned COE just brought that spiritual disease more into focus by its lack of accountability for what most see as extreme corruption

Golding needs to walk the plank for spiritual renewal to have a chance imo
              Last edited by Don1; June 30, 2011, 12:20 PM.

Ultimately yes he needs to go, but I get the impression that his actions have resulted in unintended good.

The trend in the crime figures have continued to be encouraging. Our economic problems are many but they have never totally explained the level of crime we have experienced. That has been a product of other things, some of which have changed in the last 12 months.

If Jamaica can change its crime image then so many possibilities open up, from tourism to more returning residents to taking more risk on business.

I would keep liad Bruce around a while for that reason alone. Change of govt not needed right now unless the alternative was an obvious improvement.

You would retain a leader because of an inadvertent or unintended benefit?

If the guy is dismissed will that happening result in a crime increase...all other things being equal?

Is he indispensable? Is there a need in Jamaica to establish accountability at the highest levels?

Well, I would not retain him or any leader for that, IF the alternative was clearly an improvement.

With that not being the case, might as well ride this unexpected wave some more and see what happens.

If the PNP had put Peter Phillips in charge then it would be a different story for me. He is not a savior but does appear to have some amount of sense and understanding of the larger issues facing the country.

ok...gotcha

...but I'm not advocating that the JLP should be dismissed...just Golding
                      Last edited by Don1; June 30, 2011, 02:04 PM.

there is such a thing as new dispensation but don't get profound... is still Jamaica with Leaders such as Manley, PJ, Portia setting a certain 'standard'

lol !

Funny, you left out the "standard" set by the One Don and Mr " I sanctioned that initiative". Probably just an oversight on your part.

dem ah nuh PNP..

Mi haffi use the highest standard as the benchmark to measure Golding...

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                              dem ah nuh PNP..

Mi haffi use the highest standard as the benchmark to measure Golding...
                              One thing we can be sure of, Liad Bruce image will never make it onto our currency. And if by some strange force of nature it does, the flip side would be Dudus.

Ow yuh sell di yam dem Miss Dottie?

Juss gimme 3 Liad fi it an kall it dat nuh

But I believe there's a limit of 3 alumni from any one school on our money..it buk areddy suh One Liad get whey di duck get
                                Last edited by Don1; June 30, 2011, 05:23 PM.