X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Henry's PR Rail Service... flags & all.. LOL

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead3.html
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

The Highway 2000 sell out will always be an obstacle of any rail plan.

Comment

Do you disagree with the efforts to bring back rail service?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        Do you disagree with the efforts to bring back rail service?
        Passenger rail is not economic in Jamaica.... there would have to be tremendous infrastructural work...not just rebuilding the lines and acquiring rolling stock and rebuilding stations...but building park & ride facilities and other interconnections with local transport systems etc...

After doing all that to make a workable system..they may just find that people don't care to use it. I have never seen a consumer survey which establishes that there is a significant pent up demand for passenger rail.... other than some people longing wistfully for bygone days... mi bet yuh dem nah tek nuh train pon a regula

However a limited freight rail service with an incidental passenger component MAY be viable imho.

Anyway I don't believe that reviving a rail car or two and dressing it in a flag is a particularly sensible or helpful approach... more trinkets for the needy

When there's no bread...give the people a circus
        Last edited by Don1; March 31, 2011, 10:44 AM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I hope it materializes, even as a limited service between the Parishes of Clarendon and St. Catherine.
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

When there's no bread...give the people a circus

You hit the nail on the head.

It's sad to see them resorting to these pschological games of manipulation with the people. Stirring the old memories of nostalgia with the hopes of gaining some political milegae. They should remember that those days carried some bad sides too. These are vast housing issues, lack of employment (hence mass migration to England) illiteracy, book burning et al. I would like to know who is really advising these people.

I know election is around the corner but dang

Comment

politicians will be politicians... of whatever stripe

Comment

Working...
              X