More Jamaicans beaten, locked up and kicked out of Barbadoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Jamaicans beaten, locked up and kicked out of Barbadoes

Inspite of the recently public outrage against the way the Bajans are treating Jamaicans, three young men were subsequently "beaten, locked-up and then kicked out" of Barbadoes. When are we goingto stop belittling ourselves?

We need to get the message, via the local media, that we MUST NOT go to these islands. PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...ed-out_8607625
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

I had to take bad things mek laugh. I decided to check the Barbados Nattion newspaper to see if they are carrying anything on the matter. They have a copy of the Observer's article in place. Reading through the comments by posters, I came across this I found funny. I am thinking it must have been submitted by a Jamaican.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by BRIAN MARKS 3 hours, 9 minutes ago

We all have fantastic Airports,passing through your Airport in Barbados and been detained in deplorable filty conditions overnight for no reason other than been a Jamaican is two different thing and should not been confused.

The crime and violence committed by other nationals in Barbados shouldnt give the immigration officers the green light to abuse their authority and de humanise Jamaican nationals travelling there.If Bajan men are craving Jamaican women,instead of the female immigration officer denying ones entry on such grounds,Bajan women need to step up and HANDLE THE RIDE.Remember “every need got an ego to feed”
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Not trying to downplay these incidents but if you-all think Jamaicans have it bad in Barbados, be thankful you're not Guyanese!
      Peter R

Comment

What you expect? Guyanese still sport gold teeth...

Comment

Why are we still in caricom?

Comment

Why shouldn't we go these islands?? Give me a break! Don't we still go to the England, USA and Canada where we get worse treatment at times? What we need to do is just sort the matter out and like the Bajan Opp leader said - deal with the issue.

Comment

Another downgrade for Barbados

Saturday, December 21, 2013 | 11:48 AM

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados (CMC) - Barbados has received yet another downgrade from Moody’s Investors Service.
              On Friday, Moody’s downgraded the government bond rating from Ba1 to Ba3, citing poor economic growth and rising fiscal deficits.

1/1

Moody’s also pointed to the rising costs of funding and the increasing reliance on short-term funding, citing the country’s “continued anaemic economic performance”; ongoing deterioration in the government’s financial strength, due to persistently large fiscal deficits and rising debt levels; the deterioration in the government’s debt profile as a result of the significant increase in domestic short-term borrowings over the past two years; and the fall in foreign exchange reserves by more than 30 per cent during January-September to $505 million for its two-notch downgrade.
              Moody’s also said the country’s credit outlook remained negative.
              “The continued negative outlook on Barbados’s rating primarily incorporates Moody’s expectation that the government’s debt metrics are likely to continue to deteriorate. Additional factors driving the negative outlook are the rating agency’s expectation that Barbados’s growth prospects will likely remain subdued; the recently announced fiscal consolidation plan is unlikely to reverse current trends in government debt indicators; the government is likely to face increasing financing costs; and pressure on the exchange rate peg will continue to increase,” it said in a statement.
              The ratings agency added that Barbados’s rating would face further downward pressure in the event that the government is unable to achieve its fiscal consolidation targets, or if growth continues to underperform the government’s expectations, and debt ratios continue to rise as a result.
              “Moody’s could downgrade the rating further if international reserves continue to decline and/or the government continues to rely heavily on short-term debt and Central Bank financing,” it said.
              “While an upgrade is unlikely given the negative outlook, Moody’s could stabilise the outlook if the fiscal consolidation plan leads to a stabilisation of government debt ratios, the economy returns to growth, the government decreases its reliance on short-term debt and central bank financing, and international reserves rebound.”
              Moody’s also adjusted Barbados’s local-currency bond and deposit ceilings to Baa3, its long-term foreign-currency bond ceiling to Ba1, its short-term foreign-currency bond ceiling to Not-Prime, and its foreign-currency deposit ceiling to B1.
              This is the third downgrade for Barbados in a month, following on the heels of Standard & Poor’s on November 20 and the Caribbean Information and Credit Rating Services (CariCRIS) earlier this week.

Comment

Pride goeth ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yuh seeit!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Good Point, Sir

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                    Not trying to downplay these incidents but if you-all think Jamaicans have it bad in Barbados, be thankful you're not Guyanese!
                    Thank you, Peter. The treatment of Guyanese inside Barbados is something I’ve commented on more than once on this message board. The fact is that what the Guyanese people have been forced to bear is far worse than the Jamaican experience there.

This is one reason why I laugh to myself whenever I see the Bajan people displaying pride in Rihanna. Pop superstar Rihanna was born in Barbados to a Guyanese mother and a Barbadian father. There are also other success stories from the union of Guyanese and Barbadians.

Comment

Well it happen to us....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Then they must fight their own battles.

Jamaica time now!

Comment

Working...
                        X