Bruce sends 5 to Barbadoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce sends 5 to Barbadoes

When Jamaicans have to go to the other islands to do menial (though honest) jobs/work, it somehow seems to create a complex in the minds of the host nations. Why can't our system create enough jobs so that those who would otherwise migrate to these islands have the option to stay home and still be able to put food on the table?

Miss Myrie's case cuts to the core and the Bajans are trying to deny her claims. Brucie says he is not satisfied so now he is sending a gang of five
    to Barbadoes to resolve the situation.

The only way to stop the abuSe (hail Mosiah), is to stop our people going to these places for menial jobs. How do we do that? Find ways to provide employment for the many thousands who are finding it difficult to feed and clothe their children. Solicit the interest of the mega-manufacturing companies to build factories in Jamaica.

Haiti just had a huge Korean textile tycoon doing something on their island. If we can get 10 or 20 of those factories in Jamaica then we can stop our people going off to these islands to be humiliated.

http://go-jamaica.com/news/read_article.php?id=27607
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Memba the Haynes/Jockey factory in Hanover? China it went Babba.

I am nut so sure the Parish Councils will allow you as a Parish man to set up business, without a big shake down, nuh tek mi word for it.

Comment

Most of the Free Zone places in Jamaica have gone overseas. People complained because conditions in these "sweatshops" were unbearable. Then in 2001 when the documentary Life and Debt was aired, much criticism was dished out at Manley and others who first brought the Free Zone factories to Jamaica. The wierd thing is that many who complained went away to work in similar or worst conditions.

My only problem with the Free Zone thing is that it allowed the investors to operate without paying taxes and without paying custom duties on imports and exports. However, if that is the only way to attract them into Jamaica I would rather give them that incentive package than have our people fly off to humiliate themselves in the other islands.
      Last edited by Farmah; March 30, 2011, 02:31 PM.
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

I said earlier that I am NOT condoning the behavior of the folks from Barbados.

BUT: In order to understand their actions...you look at things from their perspective. And it appears they are preventing (additional) contamination of their country.

I need not list the negative influence that SOME Jamaicans have--both at home and abroad.

As a reminder: Jamaica ranks in the top percentile of corrupt countries in the world; Jamaica ranks among the countries with the highest murder rates in the world; Jamaicans ranks high among those countries listed as drug running countries.

It is for these reasons (and many others)why innocent Jamaicans get unnecessarily harassed at airports all over the world. Thus the old adage..."the good must sometimes suffer with [and for] the bad".

Farmah, as to creating jobs locally. This is a big .

The Jamaican leadership over the years are oblivious to what it takes to attract foreign investments. Alongside the silly Jamaican government--are the local labor unions.
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

yeah ... but Jamaica nice
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I think we should STOP going there, period!!! Not all Jamaicans are criminals and even the suspected ones deserve a modicum of respect until proven guilty. And while we speak, the abuse continues. Have you read now where three young producers were beaten, locked up and kicked out of Barbadoes? The Bajans behaviour is totally unacceptable. And it's not just them; most of the other islands (Cayman, Bahamas, Antigua, et al) take steps with Jamaicans.....all because we haven't learned to stay home and eke out a living from what we have.

And I reiterate, the government must find ways to help create jobs for the small man.

Comment

i read it i had to smile WHAT a sellout!!!! but then i am not surprised. i wonder if someone from chicago or new york would get such a hard time after all it is the nesting ground for la cosa nostra.

they subject all black american men to the degradation too after all there are more of them in prison etc etc etc.

"you're not black, after all you don't behave line them"! friggin' clown!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

WHO bring freezone to Jamaica???

Comment

That sort of abominable action by the Bajan official if true will turn away all decent people. Dont believe the hype.

Comment

Most Jakans going to Barbados are NOT going for menial jobs.

THAT is partly why they are resentful.

Comment

Harassment is what you call it???

I call it criminal SEXUAL assault and very nearly misprison.

Comment

No sure who brought it. However, the first one (Kingston Free Zone) came in 1975/6.

Comment

Willi, even if it is good job it ain't worth da indignity! We need some of Sam Sharpe's blood coursing through our veins.

"I would rather die in yonder gallows, than live for a minute more in slavery." Long Live Sam Sharpe.

Comment

807 program started in the 1980s. That is when we had CaribCan and CBI.

Comment

diffrant argument dat.

Comment

Working...
                              X