Exile, Pr, HL, Gamma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exile, Pr, HL, Gamma

Mosiah, Karl, X,Ben, Iman,MDmex, Maudib, Mosiah, Willi, D1,skengD whew I'm getting tired here and other forumites (my apologies with the names). Please tell me if you have already seen this documentary amd please post your comments. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1TzcTRNRUc

See mi go leave out Rudi name. Rudi give ah talk pon dis documentary, yuh hear boss. Ress ah massive figive mi mi ah get ole now.

Comment

Here's my answer KING Jawge....

It is rare to find a man of the caliber of George Washington Carver. A man who would decline an invitation to work for a salary of more than $100,000 a year (almost a million today) to continue his research on behalf of his countrymen.

Agricultural Chemistry

As an agricultural chemist, Carver discovered three hundred uses for peanuts and hundreds more uses for soybeans, pecans and sweet potatoes. Among the listed items that he suggested to southern farmers to help them economically were his recipes and improvements to/for: adhesives, axle grease, bleach, buttermilk, chili sauce, fuel briquettes, ink, instant coffee, linoleum, mayonnaise, meat tenderizer, metal polish, paper, plastic, pavement, shaving cream, shoe polish, synthetic rubber, talcum powder and wood stain.

However, Carver only applied for three patents.
      • #1,522,176, 1/6/1925, Cosmetics & Plant Products
      • #1,541,478, 6/9/1925, Paints & Stains
      • #1,632,365, 6/14/1927, Paints & Stains
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

The reason why I hang on to this story was because as a kid I would see Glidden paints on TV (not knowing it was a blackman who was making huge breakthroughs for them). The same way capital records is referred to as "the house that Nat king Cole built".

It's just amazing at the vast contributions blacks gave in the US (despite the odds of racism). I guess the joke was always on that PM from the far east that said "blacks were the ones that's holding back the US". He should be suffering from arthritis by now (based on his age) and is using some cream. He would be shocked to know who invented it

The above should not be a surprise because real history will show that blacks played a huge role in Asian history. I don't want to come off as being biased towards black people but at times our contribution seems to get lost in the shuffle.

BTW Percy julian was born the same year as my father's mother (my loving grandma who put the spark of searching for truth in my mind at an early age).

Comment

I have this picture of Carver in my den.....

This scientist is very special to me. He did all/most of his work at my alma mater Tuskegee University. I have spent many hours working in his upgraded laboratory...Milbank Hall.

The Carver Museum on the campus of Tuskegee is a place of awe.

You just don't imagine how irked I get when when I see "US" belittle our selves with negative actions...

Percy Julian, George Carver...(and read up on the cardiac pioneer Vivien Thomas)...they make us moderners look as if we are not trying.

Last edited by HL; March 28, 2011, 05:33 PM.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Very much aware of the exploits of Percy Julian. Read about him early in Bio and Chem classes. Then later on we again read about him on the subjects of Cortisone, Steroids and Cortisteroids. He actually (though indirectly) set the foundation for several breakthroughs in pharmaceuticals.

Jawge, there are many more out there. You would be amazed!
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Respek sah and your words ring true. Us moderners pale in comparison. These days we have all kinds of excuses (parents weren't wealthy enough, racism, all kind of bs). I have read enough history to throw off the shackle of excuses. I now accept full responsibilty for everything in my life. No one to blame but Jawge

A friend of mine who is a professor (even worked in Ja at UWI) said jawge say this; "I can do all things through christ who strenghtenet me" If you say someone is holding you back then that person is God. I said thanks because mi nuh see God a walk roun pon earth here.

Yuh see truth, it's powerful and I can understand why it's kept from many (it would be akin to giving a child a loaded gun).

Comment

respek and sarry fi nuh call yuh name. Yuh can see wid mi cause wi different .

So what is stopping us from making JA model for the whole region? No one but ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                  respek and sarry fi nuh call yuh name. Yuh can see wid mi cause wi different .

So what is stopping us from making JA model for the whole region? No one but ourselves.
                  The JLPNP
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

yuh def ? di man seh 'ourselves'..

Comment

yuh ave text to speech software...nice

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

yuh nuh have it ?!

Comment

nope... mi nuh ave dem money deh babba.... mi nuh ave di trough access

Comment

ah fallah yuh... hush.. when yuh Social Contrak come thru yuh gwine pretty !

Comment

Never saw it but know of Julien.

Comment

Working...
                              X