• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Trinkets

Port Antonio youth band to play new tune

Published: Monday | March 28, 2011

Bridgewater

PORT ANTONIO, Portland: United States Ambassador to Jamaica, Pamela Bridgewater, recently presented 25 pieces of musical instruments to the Port Antonio Eagles Youth Marching Band valued at approximately US$10,000.
    The gifts were provided under the US Department of Defence Humanitarian Assistance Programme, which is funded by the Overseas Humanitarian Disaster and Civic Aid.
    "This is the most beautiful parish I have been to. It gives me great pleasure to hand over these band equipment and I urge you young men and women to practise ... and to study hard, as you seek to become productive men and women," said Bridgewater.
    The items presented to the band master, Lloyd Borrows, included 10 antique trumpets, six professional marching snare drums with vests, and four Selmer trombones.
    The Eagles Marching Band was without equipment for a long time, and were forced to borrow band equipment from the Port Antonio Salvation Army.
    Mayor of Port Antonio Floyd Patterson commended the US for its kind gesture, and noted that band members have been given a "ray of hope".
    - Gareth Davis
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Mek dem move a gwey wid them 'trinkets'. dem tek peeple fi eediat.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

yeah man, give thanks fi smalls.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X