No announcement yet.

Principal Reid's Principled Stand provides Teachable Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reid went to a good school that had high standards. He's simply transferring some of that.

Good!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah dont go there, pleeaaasse...you and I know that 'standards' can be fluid and can change as the situation demands...
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

LOL... backhanded "compliment"
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Sickko, I will go there. Munro has adjusted its "standards", but the current ones are still pretty high! I know this first-hand.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

...well...sorry!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thanks Mitty I thought I was the only one here who thought that way and I chose to ignore the rabble who were seeking to score petty points.

My record in print for more than 20 years speaks for me and I have always been a loud advocate that students who cant carry their weight in the class room should not be there as they hold back the entire class and a poor Third World developing country like Jamaica cannot afford that.

At the start it was aimed at the 'football schools' who recruited enmass but now it can include the track schools too and we know who they are but while some throw out a net and haul in everything they can catch, others recruit selectively to fill specific vacancies.

Initially I said there were enough football clubs in Jamaica to make sure every player was given a place to show case their skills and I will extend it to the track people as well as we do have more than enough clubs here now.

My simple point was Ruel Reid was being hypocritical and he could have dealt with the issue with more sensitivity.
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

You will admit the standards have been 'adjusted' downwards right?
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Yuh ave time fi fooliniss eeh... bad mind ah kill dem ... Dem ave nuff more year ah futility & obscurity fi hug up...LOL

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

We have some very good examples of students who were not going to find the cure for cancer any time soon but were not thrown to the wolves so to speak and I am willing to bet the farm there are a lot more than we would know where the schools make an effort to help them, not necessarily to make ISSA standards to take part in sports either.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitty View Post
                      Good intention, but poorly executed. Why embarrass the youth; the school have been more proactive in dealing with his academic shortcomings. I am sure his poor grades didnt just happen overnight. The message should have been more subtle so the youth can sort himself out without being humiliated. Mr. Reid should have simply say de youth violated school policy or suppen like dat. Going public like this with a personal situation just serves to get the principal name in the paper. This should have been an internal issue. Using de youth as a guinea pig to get a pat on the back is the wrong way to go about this. I hope the youth dont have a fragile mind and will be able to rise above this negative news and sort himself out.
                      The modern JC new is new to this thing and there is a learning curve for this thing. Furthermore there is no book on the market called How to build a Great School for Dummies.
                      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                        The modern JC new is new to this thing and there is a learning curve for this thing. Furthermore there is no book on the market called How to build a Great School for Dummies.
                        Is your addiction to a chemical substance or some bad liquid??

Either way...get some help... Memba seh is ongly ONE school qualify fi name afta Jamaica...nat afta one guy who put up money, one flower, one church, one community, one town, one city, one parish, one county...ar any odda subset ah Jamaica

Bad mind ah kill unnu...but afta 222 years of seeing aspirants like Wolmers flailing around pitifully trying to compete... wi used to di bad mind ting

Comment

Working...
                        X