X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gwaan Barlett

Tourism Minister looks to Russian markets

Minister of Tourism, Ed Bartlett.

Ed Bartlett, Minister of Tourism, says he is looking to boost tourist arrivals from Russia by more than ten-fold, as part of the overall strategy to grow Jamaica's tourist arrivals.
    Mr. Bartlett, who is currently in Germany at the International Tourism Exchange, met with his Russian counterpart to discuss the possibilities.
    He said discussions focused on overcoming barriers to Russians traveling to Jamaica, to increase the volume of Russian tourists from the current 3,000 to over 40,000.
    Mr. Bartlett says that hope is driven by a sense that Jamaica can become an alternative to traditional Russian vacation hot spots in the Middle East; and North Africa, which has been rocked by civil unrest, in recent times.
    He said the Director of Tourism, John Lynch, will be travelling to Moscow, later this month, for further meetings with Russian tourism interests, airlines, and tour operators, to devise ways to tackle the issue of direct air connectivity from Russia to Jamaica.
    That is expected to pave the way for higher level meetings, with a view to securing whatever needs to be achieved in order to open channels to boost Russian arrivals in the Jamaican tourism market.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

It is about time. In the DR they have Russian interpreters at hotels & they have chartered flights from that country as well.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      Tourism Minister looks to Russian markets

Minister of Tourism, Ed Bartlett.

Ed Bartlett, Minister of Tourism, says he is looking to boost tourist arrivals from Russia by more than ten-fold, as part of the overall strategy to grow Jamaica's tourist arrivals.
      Mr. Bartlett, who is currently in Germany at the International Tourism Exchange, met with his Russian counterpart to discuss the possibilities.
      He said discussions focused on overcoming barriers to Russians traveling to Jamaica, to increase the volume of Russian tourists from the current 3,000 to over 40,000.
      Mr. Bartlett says that hope is driven by a sense that Jamaica can become an alternative to traditional Russian vacation hot spots in the Middle East; and North Africa, which has been rocked by civil unrest, in recent times.
      He said the Director of Tourism, John Lynch, will be travelling to Moscow, later this month, for further meetings with Russian tourism interests, airlines, and tour operators, to devise ways to tackle the issue of direct air connectivity from Russia to Jamaica.
      That is expected to pave the way for higher level meetings, with a view to securing whatever needs to be achieved in order to open channels to boost Russian arrivals in the Jamaican tourism market.
      Da!! Da!! Da!!

All Russian agguh reach ah yaad.... Gwaan yap Bartlett! wooooiiiieee
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

what are you trying to accomplish here???
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Are you that dense???

Gwaan Sass!!!!!!

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

All you posted are marketing plans which Bartlett has started and was trying to accomplish.

Where is Mcneil marketing plan???? What policy has Mcneil put in place yet for tourism???? Talk to me and stop acting, you are not proving your point.

What has Mcneil accomplished so far???

Answer the question, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              All you posted are marketing plans which Bartlett has started and was trying to accomplish.

Where is Mcneil marketing plan???? What policy has Mcneil put in place yet for tourism???? Talk to me and stop acting, you are not proving your point.

What has Mcneil accomplished so far???

Answer the question, thank you.
              I stated that you routinely emitted Gwaans for Bartlett on the basis of his yappin about plans...yet for McNeil you require actual achievement before you award any Gwaans ...as you stated

Do you dispute the veracity of my Gwaan analysis?

Comment

Not true, again there you go again. Again show me what Mcneil has done, policy he has put forward.

you have no point at all. Tell me about the winter tourism numbers and tell me what is there to gwaaan about. As I said if he had a first good full winter tourist season that would have been a good start. What was the numbers for the winter??? Talk numbers and fact s to me or stop your yapping then.

Comment

Sass you miss the point... or you are being deliberately disingenuous or deceptive

I revived a few of your Bartlett Gwaans.... in each case you farted a Gwaan Bartlett for Bartlett yappin about some discussions he was supposedly having (in each case also very little of his "plans" & yappin subsequently became reality)

So Bartlett's yappin inspires you to render Gwaans...that's clear by the evidence reproduced

This is not about McNeil but about your hero worship of Bartlett.

Just admit that you find Mr Ed to be fabulous...that's ok... It's not like Mr Ed is a Horse's Ass... woooiiieee
                  Last edited by Don1; July 26, 2013, 10:26 AM.

Comment

who is missing the point. When Mcneil do enough he will get the same gwaan.

I am still waiting for him to start marketing, come up with policies and run with it. Until then .....

Comment

Yuh cyaan read yute???????????

Dis is not about McNeil... but your affection for Mr Ed and his yappin... I have proved that with your own posts

Stay focused Sass

Comment

If it is not about Mcneil why you keep bringing him up??

Isn't Mcneil the tourism minister following Ed Bartlett? So how is it not about him??? You keep want me to big him up but it is not about him???? LOL

Stop run and hide. I think Ed Bartlett was a very good tourism minister, the verdict is out on Mcneil so.... That is the only argument we have had about this.

Comment

Your skills at discerning the core of an argument are quite poor

I don't "want" you to do anything... I merely note what standard you apply to Bartlett and what you apply to McNeil... they are quite different on the Gwaan issue... My argument is about WHY this is so

I don't think you dislike McNeil.... you just appear to have an overwhelming love for Mr Ed (or perhaps his Tribe ) ... that adoration excites you enuff for you to spew Gwaans for Bartlett when all he's doing is discussing things which generally never come to pass

Comment

Well you can think whatever you like. That is up to you but any tourism minister who is doing the lifting and marketing I will support 100%. Again let us go by the facts and figures or stop yapping.

you care to present the figures and then you can judge for yourself???? It is not about what you think. It is all about the fact, policies introduced and the figures achieved. Nothing else nothing more, I don't dislike or like Ed Barlett or Mcneil. I know not much of Bartlett or not interested in him outside of the Ministry of Tourism or Mcneil.
                            Last edited by Assasin; July 26, 2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

My data is based on the Gwaan quotient... by your Gwaan outlet re Bartlett's yappin it seems you're in love with him... ah nuh nutten

Gwaan Sass!!

Comment

Working...
                              X