Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica Labour Party Hurt By Warmington's Behaviour

Gary Spaulding, Senior Gleaner Writer

The governing Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) appears to be mortified by the latest outburst of former member of parliament (MP) for South West St Catherine, Everald Warmington.

JLP Chairman Mike Henry characterised as "unfortunate" Tuesday evening's episode in which he allegedly verbally assaulted media practitioners.

However, Henry is not alone, as other prominent members of the JLP are smarting from their colleague's behaviour.

Henry told The Gleaner yesterday that he plans to probe the allegations against the fiery Warmington who, on Tuesday, resigned from Parlia-ment in acknowledge-ment that he was, by virtue of his status as a citizen of the United States at the time of the 2007 elections, in breach of the Constitution.

The JLP chairman said the matter was brought to his attention about 9 o'clock Tuesday night.

"I have not seen it. The matter was brought to my attention after dinner ... " Henry said. "If it requires an explanation or an apology, I will do it."

Known for his penchant for vitriolic public outbursts, Warmington allegedly told CVM news anchors Kerlyn Brown and Dwayne Berbick to "go to hell" during a live interview following the announcement of his resignation.

It is apparent that the latest outburst has left many JLP supporters embarrassed, with many influential affiliates expressing alarm.

Henry said he would be meeting with the leadership of the JLP on the matter, after which discussions would be initiated with Warmington "to hear his side of the story".

The former MP is expected to be nominated next week as the JLP's candidate for the South West St Catherine by-election, which the Opposition People's National Party has already stated it will not contest on April 4.

gary.spaulding@gleanerjm.com

source http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead6.html

Originally posted by Skeng D View Post
    Gary Spaulding, Senior Gleaner Writer

The governing Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) appears to be mortified by the latest outburst of former member of parliament (MP) for South West St Catherine, Everald Warmington.

JLP Chairman Mike Henry characterised as "unfortunate" Tuesday evening's episode in which he allegedly verbally assaulted media practitioners.

However, Henry is not alone, as other prominent members of the JLP are smarting from their colleague's behaviour.

Henry told The Gleaner yesterday that he plans to probe the allegations against the fiery Warmington who, on Tuesday, resigned from Parlia-ment in acknowledge-ment that he was, by virtue of his status as a citizen of the United States at the time of the 2007 elections, in breach of the Constitution.

The JLP chairman said the matter was brought to his attention about 9 o'clock Tuesday night.

"I have not seen it. The matter was brought to my attention after dinner ... " Henry said. "If it requires an explanation or an apology, I will do it."

Known for his penchant for vitriolic public outbursts, Warmington allegedly told CVM news anchors Kerlyn Brown and Dwayne Berbick to "go to hell" during a live interview following the announcement of his resignation.

It is apparent that the latest outburst has left many JLP supporters embarrassed, with many influential affiliates expressing alarm.

Henry said he would be meeting with the leadership of the JLP on the matter, after which discussions would be initiated with Warmington "to hear his side of the story".

The former MP is expected to be nominated next week as the JLP's candidate for the South West St Catherine by-election, which the Opposition People's National Party has already stated it will not contest on April 4.

gary.spaulding@gleanerjm.com

source http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...ead/lead6.html
    Telling a reporter to go to hell is a big deal? Everald Warmington is on him best behavior!
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

bruce fraid fi replace him

r wah

cuz anybody the jlp put deh aguh win, its not like it a near area where his "charm" will make a big difference

this is a safe JLP seat

Comment

Working...
      X