RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Red Stripe need to jump on dis if not ahready !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was my Granny Saturday night special, yuh wan si mi deh pon mi best behaviour massa.

Comment

$85.82 as my site xe.com has it. No it is not always going up. A few weeks ago it was $84.75.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

My respects boss! Mi nah goh rude tuh yuh pon di site again.

I was too young to drink beer during the 60s. I also could not see my mother replacing my milk bottle then with that stuff.

People always seem to think the things of old were better than today's anyhow? Do you think your taste buds were more sensitive then than they are now so you got a better taste of the beer then? It is possible though that they could have changed the recipe as ingredients got more expensive and the cost of importing the ingredients (hops, wheat and barley) went up.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

For some reason, Red Stripe tastes better in Jamaica than it does in the USA.

Comment

Indeed!!!
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Well, take it from someone who worked with D&G prior to leaving Jamaica. They did have some difference between what they do for domestic market and export. The US market is quite specific about the alcohol levels in their beers. In some states, the alcohol level cannot exceed 3% by volume. I know one such state is Oklahoma and I think Kansas does as well.

I visited Oklahoma a couple years ago and went into this liquor store to buy a bottle of wine, where I saw these big Red Stripe ads all over the store. I asked the proprietor what is happening with the Red Stripe why there are so many banners in the store advertising it. I asked if it was selling well here. She informed me it was one of her best selling beers in the store.

So yes, it will taste different between what you get in Jamaica and what you buy in the US as they do modify the recipe for the US market.

Comment

You are still old enough to recall the "New Coco Cola" Classic I believe, memba dat, pure crap.

I was in JA in the 80's whenever someone was served a Red Stripe they pour it on the bar floor to see if it foams, memba?

Boss when you belch the 60's Stripe you smell the hops, I am sure you know some old drinkers, check them. They need to get back to the old formula, Colt 45 still have that kick baba.

Do you drink White rum or JB?

Comment

Oh D&G man mi mash yuh corn, hush, the last time I was at the Plant I pick a couple off the line and change mi breath that was in 65.

Comment

My corn nuh get mashed as I only state the facts as I know it. 1965 was about two decades before I was there. . . I am not sure if they were doing Red Stripe for export back in 1965 as that was wayyyy before my time.

Comment

I should recall the Coca Cola Classic, the problem was, I did not drink Coke when I lived in Jamaica in the 80s. I was a D&G employee at the time and was loyal to the product we bottled which was Pepsi Cola. Coke would taste bad to me then if I ever had one, so I did not drink it.

The funny thing is that now I have lived in the States I find I prefer the taste of Coke to Pepsi. I think it is an aquired taste for each product.

Comment

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
                        That was my Granny Saturday night special, yuh wan si mi deh pon mi best behaviour massa.
                        Fi getta taase? Nuh tru?
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                        X