• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20-Year-Old Female Police Chief In Mexico Flees To US

Reports: 20-Year-Old Female Police Chief In Mexico Flees To US

POSTED: 4:30 pm MST March 3, 2011
    AAAText Size

Associated Press

EL PASO, Texas -- Marisol Valles Garcia, the 20-year-old who was named police chief of Praxedis Guadalupe Guerrero in Mexico in October, has sought asylum in the U.S. after reportedly receiving death threats, according to Mexican media reports.

The reports state she may have crossed near or around Fort Hancock in Hudspeth County, Texas.

The criminology student was named police chief "since she was the only person to accept the position", the mayor's office of the town of some 10,000 people near the US border told local media in Mexico.

Valles is studying criminology in Mexico's most violent city of Ciudad Juarez, some 60km west of Guadalupe
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
    Reports: 20-Year-Old Female Police Chief In Mexico Flees To US

POSTED: 4:30 pm MST March 3, 2011
    AAAText Size

Associated Press

EL PASO, Texas -- Marisol Valles Garcia, the 20-year-old who was named police chief of Praxedis Guadalupe Guerrero in Mexico in October, has sought asylum in the U.S. after reportedly receiving death threats, according to Mexican media reports.

The reports state she may have crossed near or around Fort Hancock in Hudspeth County, Texas.

The criminology student was named police chief "since she was the only person to accept the position", the mayor's office of the town of some 10,000 people near the US border told local media in Mexico.

Valles is studying criminology in Mexico's most violent city of Ciudad Juarez, some 60km west of Guadalupe

I wonder if they want to offer me the job? Just give me a dozen brand name shoot on sight police from the JCF and watch how we clean up the place.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Is that you, Renato?
      Peter R

Comment

Working...
      X