No announcement yet.

Another SuperClubs hotel to close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No government shouldn't rape their people like that. Most business I know have to borrow to keep afloat

The above should be given some very serious thought. I say it again Ja is not poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
      I think an insurance company owned Sandals Dunns River- the one that used to be LOJ, dont know if they still own it..

LOJ is now Sagicor!
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

what is on the breezes montego bay property now?

Comment

isnt this a TT company...

Comment

same breezes.

Comment

so what was the big thing about when it was closed?

If unnu want see closed hotels unnu go a Orlando.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

so how sickko say it close.. i know the night club there is closed. Cho the hip strip is the dip strip.. nothing useful there....

Comment

Govt moving to prevent closure of Breezes Rio Bueno Hotel

A view of the Breezes Rio Bueno Hotel in Trelawny.

Efforts are being made to prevent major dislocation at the SuperClubs operated Breezes Rio Bueno Hotel in Trelawny following news that it is facing closure.
                  SuperClubs announced on Thursday that it will close the property in April resulting in 300 employees losing their jobs.
                  Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett, who is in Washington D.C., told RJR News that he is working to ensure there is no disruption at the hotel with the change in operators.
                  "We are aware of the (planned closure) and every effort is being made to ensure that we find as quickly as possible, a solution to that problem. There are a number of people who are beginning to talk with us and we think that we can find a solution to advert any dislocation in short order," said Mr. Bartlett.
                  John Issa, SuperClubs Chairman, says the 226 room Breezes Rio Bueno Hotel will close its door on April 30, after failing to reach a new satisfactory lease arrangement with the owners of the property, the National Insurance Fund.
                  He said despite lobbying Prime Minister Bruce Golding and Pearnel Charles, Labour and Social Security Minister, who is responsible for the Fund, no agreement was reached.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

what a way yuh pon top a tings!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sickko how many major hotels closed in Ja and how many open since Bartlett start make up the numbers?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Barbados
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

A good manager would have known that in the short run interest rates would have ballooned.. ???

What caused interest rates to balloon ? While yuh mek up something let us look at what we DO know..

What we do know is that interest rates ballooned and a certain company was made exempt from laws designed to protect borrowers.. let us examine.. why was this allowed to happen.. did Govt make certain bad decisions that precipitated this 'ballooning' ?

Comment

Many times this is so.

SuperClubs is NOT issa. It is a consortium with Issa having a large share. The GOJ used to own at least 25% of SuperClubs and maybe still does.

The Issaa have been pulling Hotels out of the consortium for years...eg. Couples has NOT been in SuperClubs for about 20 years!

Comment

Yeah Frank Rance use to be a part of Super Clubs before he opened FDR.
                              I don't know if he is still a part.

Comment

Working...
                              X