Another SuperClubs hotel to close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another SuperClubs hotel to close

Breezes Rio Bueno (formerly Grand Lido Braco) could close in April after Breezes Montego Bay closed it doors more than a year ago.

Wonder if none of the record numbers of visitors Comical Ali has been counting coming thru the airports ever heard of these hotels?

Or is it that the cheaper Spanish hotrels are taking all the guests from the others...hmmmm

Assassin (Minister of tourism proxy) what do you think?
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

The reason for closure is the government is unwilling to renegociate a deal with them, not that the hotel is doing bad.

Get your facts right. Just like Butch had to give up his Dunn's River falls hotel because failure for the owner to re-negociate.

In this case the owner is the government and they haven't made a deal with ISSA group. One can only assume they have new tenants for the property or they have a buyer ready to invest.

Again Unnu willing fi jump without the proper information.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

SuperClubs to close Breezes Rio Bueno

SuperClubs Chairman, John Issa.

Resort operators SuperClubs has announced it will close its Breezes Rio Bueno hotel in April.
      John Issa, SuperClubs Chairman, said the Triple A four diamond, 226 room resort will close its door on April 30, after failing to reach a new satisfactory lease arrangement with the owners of the property, the National Insurance Fund.
      The closure of the property is expected to result in 300 people losing their jobs.
      “We maintain that the lease terminated approximately two years ago when the world recession hit and it’s a very sad day that we were not able to come to an arrangement that would have allowed us to continue because I hate seeing so many of our team members out of work,” Mr. Issa said.
      He said despite lobbying to both Prime Minister Bruce Golding and the Minister responsible for the National Insurance, Pearnel Charles, he could get no agreement in place.
      It is not clear if another tenant will operate the property to maintain the jobs that will be lost when SuperClubs stop operating.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
        Breezes Rio Bueno (formerly Grand Lido Braco) could close in April after Breezes Montego Bay closed it doors more than a year ago.

Wonder if none of the record numbers of visitors Comical Ali has been counting coming thru the airports ever heard of these hotels?

Or is it that the cheaper Spanish hotrels are taking all the guests from the others...hmmmm

Assassin (Minister of tourism proxy) what do you think?
        FINSAC duh hit!
        Maudib, Lazie, Sass and a bunch a JLPites 3:16!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

How so? Issa nah go outa business and him nah go owe no money after he leaves.

This hotel will reopen. ISSA still have a thriving business.

Comment

Oh so is the Govt. own these hotels? I'm waiting for more comments, then we can speak in full.

Comment

This proves what I was coming with in a new thread. Ja is not poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                How so? Issa nah go outa business and him nah go owe no money after he leaves.

This hotel will reopen. ISSA still have a thriving business.
                So if he went out of business it would be FINSAC's fault!
                Go Sass! Go!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I think an insurance company owned Sandals Dunns River- the one that used to be LOJ, dont know if they still own it..
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

yeah Sandals Dunns River is privately owned but the fact is owners want more money and have other options so if the operators walk they have other options.

Comment

you really understand what you are saying????

Comment

you really understand what you are saying????
                        Sure!
                        A business is going under and the managers must make prudent decisions...no sit and bawl like your former business owners at the FINSAC inquiry...and you do not belive that!

You believe the nonsense that the GOJ - Government of the day - took over well run businesses...and made them fail!

Comment

But after making the decision there is no reason for them to owe 1 million and after closing it balloon to 1 billion dollar.

That is what you fail to understand.

Comment

But after making the decision there is no reason for them to owe 1 million and after closing it balloon to 1 billion dollar.

That is what you fail to understand.
                            The decision was cock-eyed!
                            ...any good manager would have known that in the short run interest rates would have ballooned.

It follows they would have known the dangers...risks in borrowing as they did when reviewing their companies income, expenses, cash flow -projections on ability to service all obligations. They all knew the consequencies of their actions...and turned a blind eye to those outcomes.

Perhaps, just as they are now 'praying' and 'begging'...they then after looking at the real projections...just hung on and 'prayed'!

Praying is good...but it must be backed by facing the realities which surround you and then taking appropriate steps to minimize and eventually eliminate 'licks'! So-so praying helps no one!

Comment

you realise that this is BS?

No government shouldn't rape their people like that. Most business I know have to borrow to keep afloat.

Comment

Working...
                              X