No announcement yet.

US job market and economy continues to gradually improve and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh heh! Mek we see some fancy footwork now as him try get outta this corner.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

what growth in the Jamaican economy? There has been none.

As I said the American economy is growing but the jobs so far has not been there.
      Last edited by Assasin; March 3, 2011, 03:29 PM.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

suh the increased revenue from tourism, tax collection drive and jdx initiative has not amounted to any growth?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

so far no. It was .6 in the negititive last quarter for Remember bauxite and remmittance amongst other things also make up a large part of the Jamaican economy.

If you call 36000 job last month growth then so be it but that was all the American economy provided. I think Obama himself wouldn't be please with that.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Realty
            Bernanke sees 200,000 hit to jobs from budget cuts

By Mark FelsenthalPosted 2011/03/02 at 8:27 pm EST

WASHINGTON, Mar. 2, 2011 (Reuters) — Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said on Wednesday a Republican spending cut plan would not cause a big dent to U.S. economic growth, but could cost around 200,000 jobs over two years.

Comment

reality
              Real Estate Outlook: Bernanke Discusses Job Growth
              by Carla Hill
              Is the slow pace of the economy limiting job growth? That's the sentiment from Federal Reserve Chairman, Ben Bernanke. Last Tuesday Bernanke had a chance to discuss issues other than the recent Bond purchase, and during this time he brought up concerns over job growth. Bernanke noted, "At the pace of growth that we’re seeing now, we’re not growing fast enough to materially reduce the unemployment rate." He says "the economy needs to grow at an annualized rate of 2 to 2.5 percent just to accommodate new workers coming into the labor force."

Comment

Truth be told if Obama can drop Unemployment by 3% in the next two years you can cancel the election. But as of now he steadied the ship but the job picture hasn't improved much. Ask qualified people out there looking jobs.

Comment

Reality fe true. That is what, less than 20,000 jobs a month? You realise how small that is for the US economy? How much a dem jobs obsolete anyway?

I can just imagine if you was around when Ford release the Model T and regular people could afford a car:

"The horse and buggy man dem a go lose them job!! What a go happen to the blacksmiths?"

Or when Gutenberg invent the printing press:

"Lawd God, a what a go happen to all the scribes? You know how much a dem a go lose dem work? And now dat book cheap people a go learn fe read fe themselves! Wha a go happen to the man dem who get pay fe read?"

LOL!
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

It maybe 20,000 a month but you know what it is more likely that it is done in the budget year which could result in more than 100000 in a month. That is a big difference.

The difference is this is government laying off. Where are the jobs to replace the old jobs if the private sector not taking them on. Where are the Henry Fords? We need a new model T now. IPAD2 nan cut it.

Comment

Is these govt jobs you really want to keep? Look like you love fe pay taxes.

QUOTE: "All eight had been identified by BOTH parties as wasteful and unnecessary"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Budget battle: What got cut

On Thursday March 3, 2011, 7:25 am EST

You can wave bye-bye to $4 billion in government spending.

President Obama signed a budget cutting stop-gap spending bill Wednesday after it sailed through the Senate with ease, garnering 91 votes.

Senators were happy to vote for the bill because it ensured the government will keep running for two more weeks, but also because the cuts in the measure are among the most obvious in the budget.

The bill terminates eight government programs, for savings of $1.24 billion, while an additional $2.7 billion in earmarks are eliminated.

On the chopping block were eight programs involving broadband access in rural communities, education, highway construction and the Smithsonian Institution.

All eight had been identified by both parties as wasteful and unnecessary.

The overlap wasn't an accident. House Republicans identified the program terminations in Wednesday's bill by combing their own budget plan and Obama's 2012 budget proposal for spots where they agreed.

"The bill that passed this morning focused on $4 billion of programs that we had ... suggested and recommended. It was free of those mischievous riders that were ideological in nature," said Democratic Majority Leader Harry Reid.

The programs that were cut fall into two umbrella categories: ineffective or duplicative.

The bill eliminated $75 million in election assistance grants, which are funds allocated to help states upgrade voting machines and voter rolls. Since 2002, Washington has pumped $3 billion into the program, but states have only found ways to spend $2 billion.

And that rural broadband program? The Agriculture Department's inspector general uncovered "abuses and inconsistencies" as well as "a lack of focus on the rural communities it was intended to serve."

The four education programs total $468 million, and are being eliminated for being outdated, ineffective or duplicative.

The highway funds, $650 million in total, were originally budgeted as a one-time payment for 2010 but never cut.

The remaining $2.7 billion in cuts cover almost 50 different earmark programs that will no longer be funded because House Republicans have instituted a new rule banning that type of spending.

After the bill was approved by the Senate, Obama said both parties should start working on a budget solution for the rest of the fiscal year that follows the example set by the two-week extension.

"This agreement should be bipartisan, it should be free of any party's social or political agenda, and it should be reached without delay," Obama said in a statement.

If that's the route lawmakers take, they won't have to look far for more savings.

On Tuesday, the Government Accountability Office released a report that identifies tens of billions of dollars in savings that can be achieved by streamlining a bloated federal bureaucracy.

The GAO did not say exactly how much the inefficiencies cost taxpayers each year, but the report states that "savings and revenues could result in tens of billions of dollars in annual savings, depending on the extent of actions taken."

Comment

Well how you like 60 pickney inna one classroom and one teacher?
                        How you like less police and less firemen?

There are reasonable cuts. Make no bones about it I would rather pay a few dollars more than cutting schools, bus service, fire service and other essential services. How about not cleaning snow that might result in more accidents. There are good cuts and bad cuts but many only a deal with POLITICAL CUTS especially the Repub them.

By the way how the target changing so? I just state that I think the part about job improvement is misleading and the fact is that you maybe optimistic but it is a bit premature. The numbers showing job recovery is not not really there yet, with the economy it has been there for a while.
                        Last edited by Assasin; March 3, 2011, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                          I tell you, too many people have this false sense of security about a corporate job, thinking that if the company is doing well then they will be taken care of. Them days long gone, all over the world.

The only company me have any loyalty to is "Islandman Inc". Yes be a professional, do your work with excellence, but all a 9-5 job means is that you have ONE client using your services. Nothing more.
                          Right on!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                            Reality fe true. That is what, less than 20,000 jobs a month? You realise how small that is for the US economy? How much a dem jobs obsolete anyway?

I can just imagine if you was around when Ford release the Model T and regular people could afford a car:

"The horse and buggy man dem a go lose them job!! What a go happen to the blacksmiths?"

Or when Gutenberg invent the printing press:

"Lawd God, a what a go happen to all the scribes? You know how much a dem a go lose dem work? And now dat book cheap people a go learn fe read fe themselves! Wha a go happen to the man dem who get pay fe read?"

LOL!

Weh Maudib deh?
                            ...bout man lose dem business because of GOJ (PNP)!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                            X