• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And yuh ask if Tufton is an eediat?

Tufton wants Phillips sanctioned over secret MOUs
    BY HORACE HINES Observer staff reporter hinesh@jamaicaobserver.com
    Wednesday, March 02, 2011

DUNCANS, Trelawny — Agriculture Minister Dr Christopher Tufton is calling on the People's National Party (PNP) to penalise former security minister Dr Peter Phillips for his signing of Memoranda of Understanding with the United States and Britain without the knowledge of his then Cabinet colleagues.

"...I believe that the PNP should sanction Peter Phillips for taking a decision that has locked this country into a position without any consultation of the government of the day at the time," Tufton declared.

Tufton, speaking on Sunday at the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Area Four Council meeting in Trelawny, told party supporters that the controversy over the Christopher 'Dudus' Coke extradition stemmed from Phillips' signing of the MOUs and that the JLP had to ensure that the rights of the Jamaican people were protected, which led to the almost nine-month delay.

"This Government (JLP), having come to office examining a procedure involving an extradition case without knowledge of MOUs that were signed years before, had to take stock and ask questions to ensure that the rights of the Jamaican people were protected," argued Tufton.

Coke was the reputed don of Tivoli Gardens, a JLP stronghold. After weeks of eluding the security forces, he was captured and extradited to the US last June after waiving his right to an extradition hearing in Jamaica.

On Sunday, Dr Tufton, — the South West St Elizabeth member of Parliament — said Prime Minister Bruce Golding should be commended and not condemned "for yielding to the request of the Jamaican people to have an enquiry" into the handling of the extradition request and the subsequent hiring of US law firm Manatt, Phelps and Phillips to lobby the Barack Obama administration on the issue.

"Many times we called for enquiries under PNP and they don't yield to it. We had the Shell waiver scandal, we had the Trafigura incident. When questions were asked of them, no answers were given," Tufton argued.

In the meantime, the JLP used Sunday's meeting to present Donovan White as its candidate for the local government to fill a vacancy left by the passing of his father Errol 'Juppy' White in 2009.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1FRyoZikI

BLACK LIVES MATTER

.. true, he is an idiot to think the PNP would condemn Squealer at this point.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie what do you think of the JLP's campaign over he past month or so, to have weekly meetings all over the place trying to counteract the evidence coming out of the inquiry?
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
        Lazie what do you think of the JLP's campaign over he past month or so, to have weekly meetings all over the place trying to counteract the evidence coming out of the inquiry?

Is that the purpose of the meetings? Wasn't aware of that. What you think of the daily press conference by the PNP after the Enquiry breaks at 1:00PM?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I asked you a simple question...all the news we see coming out of the meetings are either Tufton or Shaw or even Ed Bartlett countering the evidence given at the inquiery.

Can you please answer that first or you want me to ask KD to ask you?
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

It is obvious that the JLP are asking their members who still have an ounce of credibility in the public eye to step up and defend the team. Not a good career move for the guys though. Their pickle is however understandable.

Comment

I asked you a simple question...all the news we see coming out of the meetings are either Tufton or Shaw or even Ed Bartlett countering the evidence given at the inquiery.

Can you please answer that first or you want me to ask KD to ask you?
              Ah want yuh low KD ... as of now that my attorney!

Maybe I missed something, where did Tufton counter the evidence on the Enquiry? Did Squealer admit to signing the docs without Cabinet's knowledge? If so, where was Tufton wrong?

As for Barlett, all I heard was where he said the PNP badmind .... and based on the reality ... was he wrong?

Comment

It was all over the news Monday, how come you miss that one. Tufton asked the people in South Trelawny on Sunday not to take everything they hear at he inquiry as gospel (my word) but to wait till the end when Peter Phillips will be exposed or some thing like that...

Thought you were on top of the news man..
                Che Guevara.

Comment

It was all over the news Monday, how come you miss that one. Tufton asked the people in South Trelawny on Sunday not to take everything they hear at he inquiry as gospel (my word) but to wait till the end when Peter Phillips will be exposed or some thing like that...

Thought you were on top of the news man..
                  ... wait ... KD, his sidekick and the bredda name Green (him muss vex wid him modda) make alot of suggestions. The JLP wanted to get Dudus off, Dudus paid Manatt legal fees, Manatt was reping the gov't. Should well thinking people take that as gospel when the facts say otherwise? Come on Sickko.

Comment

sigh.... vertigo is your name...
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                      ... wait The JLP wanted to get Dudus off, Dudus paid Manatt legal fees, Manatt was reping the gov't. Should well thinking people take that as gospel when the facts say otherwise? Come on Sickko.
                      Well Thinking People?? woiiee mi bladder
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

sigh.... vertigo is your name...

i take it u didn't like my response ... suh it guh.

Comment

Working...
                        X