I cannot even begin to imagine what must be going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot even begin to imagine what must be going

through Bujus thoughts tonight. Looking at long, hard time in a hell hole instead of looking forward to touring and performing for your fans, the work you were born to do.

What really drives a man with a career and a family to take those kinds of risks with his life? Even if he wasn't arrested he could have been killed by getting involved with those types. I just don't get it.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

word on the street - greed!

nuh have nuh tears fi him.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What really drives a man with a career and a family take those kinds of risks with his life?. Very important question Islandman. I guess we may never know. Is it greed, excitement, fun, financial needs, favor for a friend i.e. Kindness, etc. Sad indeed, but let's examine a few factors.
      Have our entertainers, specifically those of the DJ/dancehall genre become used to getting away with breaking the laws of Jamaica so frequently, that complaceny has stepped in, and they unfortunately misread the tea leaves when they attempt to break the laws of other countries, esp those of the US?.
      Is there a Drug-dancehall industrial complex in existence?. I personally have been saying that one exists. I have also maintained that the faster that that complex is dismantled, and artistes are forced to publish quality lyrics and music, or perish is the better our music will become.
      One also has to examine the circumstances and environments from which a lot of our DJs come, Buju included. There is no lack of drugs, violence, and misogyny, among other things, in these environments. You just have to review his lyrics for the past 15 years, and you will understand why it might be possible that Buju may actually be guilty as charged, even without a gay conspiracy. "cock mouth can kill cock". I remember several years ago, he had a video camera stolen from him and that resulted in a near civil war in his neighborhood, leaving several people severely injured, and maybe even killed. This was not the response of an angel, despite what many of us might want to think. I guess, we may never know the answer to your question.

Comment

all men die...

Comment

people in the know...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

True. Its not that I think Buju is anything close to being an angel. In fact if I remember that video camera incident correctly the police even found gunpowder on Bujus hands, but for whatever reason the case went nowhere.

As I have said, I think he did have some intent to commit the crime, at least initially. My problem with the case is that the govt is paying a man a commission to go looking for people to incriminate. I have a real problem with that. I do wonder if its just a coincidence that they chose Buju, or if they had some background info on him that could not be presented in this case, or if there really was some kind of setup to get him.

Whatever it was, he could have avoided it by telling the guy he wasn't interested. That is on him and him alone. Still a very sad story though.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Our system allows many like Buju to operate freely. Recall one Christopher Coke.

And then we bawl blue murdah! Had we a decent police force, a decent govt. and a decent justice system, Peter the Great would not have to be signing any MOUs.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You might be right Mo. If we had a real criminal justice system he probably would still have been in prison for the events surrounding his video machine several years ago, and that would certainly have obviated any need for him to be involved or get arrested for any drug activity in Florida.

Comment

Working...
                X