Jamaica burnin'....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica burnin'....

...and politicians fiddling...distractions...

Jamaica burning long time...yuh jus a notice?

The whole world has left us behind.

Comment

tell mi when yuh have a problem with Liad Bruce's behaviour.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh caan read?

Di whole a dem disappoint mi. Mi lose offa all ah dem.

If dem was posters here, i would ask for the lot of them to be banned. Dem not fit fi purpose.

Ship dem all to lime Cay.

Comment

Yes, Willi, di whole a dem disappoint wi, but yuh seem fi be more diappointed about one side more dan di odda!

BTW, memba say is me vote fi Rasta!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Of course,
            Liad affects me less dan pickpocket!

2 ah dem horrible, but one more immediately impactful.

When will we ever recover our black entrepreneurial class?

Comment

One word is all that should be required to shut him up.. "Omar"

SHOULD be.... but yuh know how dem 'Rasta Party' man dem stay...

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                Yuh caan read?

Di whole a dem disappoint mi. Mi lose offa all ah dem.

If dem was posters here, i would ask for the lot of them to be banned. Dem not fit fi purpose.

Ship dem all to lime Cay.
                Pigin Island ah di lick now mi hear... yuh neva qualify fi get di memo? One bredda nuh post seh yuh Brown?
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Hahahaah.

Benjammin has a point here.

Black people come in all shades (even within families). One of my brothers is much darker in complexion than me, but so what?

We used to follow our Manning side after we both left StGC with man like Q and #1Fan. Bertis was the coach even back then and a particular player (darker hue), who was not the most gifted forward would rub the bench more often than not. His dad was a monied accountant, but clearly had a colour chip on his shoulder.

Now all the players and fans knew this baller was NOT the greatest, a utility player at best, but his Dad would be at nearly every training/match trying to achieve his baller glory vicariously via the poor son. The son was an intelligent and affable chap, but clearly was a bit smothered by the Dad, who would be spreading verbal poison to all in earshot about Bertis and his brown man favouritism and all that garbage. Even when to all who had eyes to see, the son was dyam lucky to be rubbing bench when man like Ali Rose and Andy deh pon the field!

I got tired of the moaning and the Bertis slagging and told the man in no uncertain terms that Bertis picks the right team and does his best to give everyone a run when possible so that morale was high in the squad.

Yowsa, di man, who knew my brother better than he knew me, start blast me bout how Brown man stick up fi each other and start weave a big conspiracy, as his ire shifted from Bertis to me. I kept cool, but the genkleman kept raising the ante and wouldn't hop offa mi fenda, meanwhile his son tried desperately to cool him dung. He then started to verbally seek aid and comfort from my brother who was seated beside him(quietly) and kept cajoling him to join in. Di poor son saw the coming train wreck, but the Dad would have none of it and kept getting louder and more boisterous.

Finally, I had no choice but to release the Kracken, I detonated the thermonuclear device! I simply said, "that is my brother (same mother/same father) you trying to enlist in your silly and baseless campaign/tirade". RastaGeorge...you coulda hear a pin drop pon di ground at Stadium East. Needless to say, we never saw him at any other practice game or Manning Match after that!

The point is, many so called colour campaigns are really expressions of inferiority or the last refuge of a scoundrel. This is not to say that the colour issue is not legitimate...far from it, but too many abuse the real issues for narrow and selfish motives. Burke has a nice column about it in the Observer titled "Coffee with milk is still coffee".

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post

When will we ever recover our black entrepreneurial class?
                    When have we ever lost them?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yuh MUST be joking!

Comment

Nice anecdote

So does it mean to you that Jamaica does not have a serious problem of colour and class? If it does have this problem...should it be discussed openly? Or ignored?
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

You saw the end, right?

This is not to say that the colour issue is not legitimate...far from it, but too many abuse the real issues for narrow and selfish motives. Burke has a nice column about it in the Observer titled "Coffee with milk is still coffee".

Comment

To be discussed in an open, intelligent and considerate manner. Not to be hijacked by scoundrels, charlatans or ostriches.

Comment

eeeehhhhhh. Nice way to put it.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X