Base on the figures I am seeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base on the figures I am seeing

it seems like there will be decent economic growth for this quarter.

I hope I am not disappointed.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

1% is projected as a possibility
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

With 9% growth so far in tourism. 12% increase in remittance in december, JDIP, production in agriculture, Falmouth Pier bringing in over 10000 visitors over the next month and a half, I would be surprise if it wasn't a decent growth for the quarter.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Growth in tourism..are you talking about a 9% increase in arrivals?? How does that translate in real economic growth?

Comment

9% growth means more money paid to Jamaican hoteliers and more money been spend at local businesses. It all count in GDP. More revenue for the government and hopefully more people employed in that sector.

Comment

as I said the projections published that I've seen are for 1% growth

Falmouth pier? LOL! you are so off track on how overall production in the entire economy is manifested that it defies belief

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

What are you suggesting 10,000 people visit and hopefully buy from local stores, are you telling me it have no impact on the economy? All the people who will be employed in the shops that they are building plus, other spin off. Are you saying that impact is so small it won't add to to growth. I have stated not one but three different industries that have shown huge growth and this can impact the GDP.

Comment

I am saying again that I have not seen any near term projections for GDP growth in Jamaica beyond 1% - 1.5% ... you get too excited about a few likkle developments too easily ... I know you are on a mission to project the positive...but juss chill nuh?

here is an IMF projection..

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...-world_8046873

This projection was reaffirmed by the IMF in the last month or two...but mi nah spend time fi look fi dat... if yuh waan feel seh di economy aggo tek off near term...God bless yuh

Comment

I guess we have to wait for the offical number but I still think it will be bigger than that. If we could have .5 decline in the last quarter then.....

Comment

If we grow at 10% over the next 3 years we will be back to where we were in 2007

Comment

Well we have to start somewhere. How long will it take other countries to get back where they were in 2007?

did we have recession before then?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        I guess we have to wait for the offical number but I still think it will be bigger than that. If we could have .5 decline in the last quarter then.....

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I don't know about other countries....

Neither am I necessarily blaming this regime for the situation

Comment

Sass know dat Cuba expecting 3% growth?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

nuf nuf werk fi you!! hehee
                              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X